Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-29-2013, 05:46 AM   #16
Hekse-Mie
Boekenwurm
Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 623, 903 & 603, 360+, Sony 600, Irex Iliad
I read that too, about the dictionaries, but I never used them before.
So, I tried all functions, and the dictionary does not seem work as it should, I opened it without choosing a word. A random word was picked, but I couldn't close the dictionary anymore. (after connecting to and disconnecting from my pc problem was solved)
Search function does not seem to work at all, words can't be found.
The other functions work fine.
Hekse-Mie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:02 AM   #17
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekse-Mie View Post

A random word was picked, but I couldn't close the dictionary anymore. (after connecting to and disconnecting from my pc problem was solved)
To close dictionary you need to modify keymaps.ini file. Here is link to CR distribution with some modifications in keymaps.ini PB 622 users from Russia have made. Note, I did not check it myself, I don't advise using CR on touch devices just because it is not convenient.

EDIT: it is strange that search doesn't work. You can enter search criteria but nothing found correct? Did it work for you on PB 603?

Last edited by pkbo; 05-29-2013 at 06:12 AM.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #18
Hekse-Mie
Boekenwurm
Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
To close dictionary you need to modify keymaps.ini file. ...
Thank you, I am going to look into that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
...You can enter search criteria but nothing found correct? Did it work for you on PB 603?
No problems with the search function on the PB 603, which is also a touch device with a stylus.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #19
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've asked PB 622 owners, the search works on PB 622, this probably means that PB have introduced some incompatible changes to their software.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #20
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge71 View Post
Dictionaries do they work with the touch screen? I read in somewhere that in CR dictionaries don't work in touch screens (PB622, PB623).
EDIT:
I haven't read the post carefully enough before answering. The answer below is for the built-in reading app, not for CoolReader.

Dictionaries had a problem on the first touch-only models with old firmware, because the dictionary interface was optimized for the 5-way controller and it was difficult to navigate tiny controls.
The dictionary interface in the 4.X.Y firmware is completely reworked, so it is very touch friendly.

I have loaded my oldest dictionaries from the very old PB360 and it works. Even searching from keyboard works.

Last edited by kacir; 05-29-2013 at 03:06 PM.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #21
SIRSteiner
Nameless Being

Hello,

today i can inform you that i start to create a theme for the new PB Touch Lux (623). You will find it at this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=214445

Regards
Ronny
Old 05-30-2013, 05:17 AM   #22
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Dictionaries do they work with the touch screen? I read in somewhere that in CR dictionaries don't work in touch screens (PB622, PB623).

Thanks
Unfortunately this is correct The dictionary navigation in CR3 needs buttons. You can call it up, but it only translates the first word on the page and then there is no way to select another one or close the dic.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:02 AM   #23
pkbo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
You can call it up, but it only translates the first word on the page and then there is no way to select another one or close the dic.
Actually there is. You need to take keymaps.ini from zip file from this post. It contains the following section:
Code:
[dict]
KEY_MENU = MCMD_OK
KEY_MENU, LONG = MCMD_CANCEL
KEY_PREV = PB_CMD_LEFT
KEY_NEXT = PB_CMD_RIGHT
KEY_HOME, LONG = PB_CMD_UP
KEY_HOME = PB_CMD_DOWN
KEY_NEXT, LONG = DCMD_PAGEDOWN
KEY_PREV, LONG = DCMD_PAGEUP
Let me know if I need to explain how it works?
Old 05-30-2013, 07:18 AM   #24
Hekse-Mie
Boekenwurm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRSteiner View Post
Hello,

today i can inform you that i start to create a theme for the new PB Touch Lux (623)..
, I'm looking forward to it.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #25
edge71
Enthusiast
edge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Inkpad3
Does anyone have problems with the PB623 to achieve connect via wifi?

With the same settings (manually entered IP) with PB603 connect without problems but with the PB623 not.

Last edited by edge71; 05-30-2013 at 03:07 PM.
edge71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #26
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Sento in the German Pocketbook subforum has the same problem.

(https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=47)
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #27
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Does anyone have problems with the PB623 to achieve connect via wifi?

With the same settings (manually entered IP) with PB603 connect without problems but with the PB623 not.
Some people on another forum reported that there is problem connecting to newer WiFi routers that operate at 40MHz. Try to set your router to the old band B or G. The reader doesn't seem to be working on N setting.
I think that by now PocketBook programmers are aware of the problem. Wouldn't hurt to send them another bugreport anyway ;-)
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:44 PM   #28
edge71
Enthusiast
edge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Some people on another forum reported that there is problem connecting to newer WiFi routers that operate at 40MHz. Try to set your router to the old band B or G. The reader doesn't seem to be working on N setting.
I think that by now PocketBook programmers are aware of the problem. Wouldn't hurt to send them another bugreport anyway ;-)
My router it's an old Zyxel 660 hw

In wich forum? Pleas send me a message with this forum and I will see the posts on this problem are mentioned

Last edited by edge71; 05-30-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:57 PM   #29
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
According to specs it supports b/g/n
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #30
edge71
Enthusiast

I changed my old router Zyxel for a newer one (Comtrend) and I was able to connect my PB623 now :-)