Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-07-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
peterhondak
Zealot
peterhondak is on a distinguished road

Device: KoboMini (mine and MIL) KoboVox(returned), sonytouch(mom's),samsung7"
The Bible on Vox

I have purchased a eBible from Kobo and it is on my VOX.
the user instructions within the eBible is to go to open "table of contents" then it lists on the books of the Bible (66 of them) then select the book you want, ie Matthew, then (in therory) Matthew will come up with a list of all the chapters within Matthew then you select which chapter you want.

I know it works on a Sony eReader as I was able to borrow on and I temporary put this Kobo purchased eBible on the Sony (I did remove book before I returned eReader)

but it doesn't work on the VOX. When I try to select sometime that is supposed to jump to somewhere else in the book it just turns the page.

I realize this probably isn't a big issue for most people but I was happy to have a Bible that was lightweight and could be as largeprint as I needed it to be.
peterhondak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:28 PM   #2
MegaSilver
MegaSilver began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
AcroBible

I installed the AcroBible Free app and find it very easy to navigate. Free is missing alternate translations and note taking, but I think full version is $10
MegaSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #3
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Do you have a link for that?
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:08 PM   #4
voxy
voxy began at the beginning.

Device: Vox
I highly recommend the YouVersion bible at http://youversion.com It is free, supports multiple translations, and you can dowload translations for offline use.
voxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:33 PM   #5
peterhondak
Zealot
peterhondak is on a distinguished road

Device: KoboMini (mine and MIL) KoboVox(returned), sonytouch(mom's),samsung7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
Do you have a link for that?
if you go to the getapps, then catagories, then religious or bibles its there. Very easy. I've used it already. I think I'm going to buy the "upgrade"
peterhondak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
bible, vox