Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-02-2010, 05:20 AM   #1
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
ADE under Linux (Wine), PB360 not recognized

I have a Pocketbook 360°, and usually read unprotected epubs and PDFs with it. I have now checked out a library book which comes with Adobe's DRM.

I am running Linux locally and have downloaded and installed ADE under Wine. Works fine, my computer was authorized and the book displays fine. I can't get ADE to recognize and authorize my Pocketbook, however. I attach the reader, USB mass storage works fine, but ADE under Wine fails to see it and doesn't offer to authorize it. Is there a way to trigger that manually?

Or perhaps using Calibre? There, too, the device is recognized with no problems.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
If a file has DRM, Calibre won't deal with it. I guess you could use VirtualBox instead of Wine?
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2010, 06:12 PM   #3
thersites
Enthusiast
thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad & PocketBook 360
Unfortunately, ADE doesn't detect devices under Wine. As I understand it, it has to do with USB support (or lack thereof). I had an old laptop that still ran Windows that I had to put ADE on and then authorize my 360. Once your 360 is authorized, you should be able to transfer DRM'ed books to the device via your file manager. It is a PITA, but it doesn't look like there will be any other way in the foreseeable future.
thersites is offline   Reply With Quote