Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-11-2018, 01:17 PM   #76
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Would it be possible to move a settling from developer settings to somewhere else, assuming developer settings are enabled? Specifically the invert screen setting.

I’m skeptical of this being possible but figured I’d ask. Ideally for me it’d be in reader settings.
Probably not, but I might be able to change one of the other checkboxes to control inversion.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 02:18 PM   #77
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Probably not, but I might be able to change one of the other checkboxes to control inversion.
If so, maybe "Show Adobe EPUB page numbers" would be a good candidate.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 02:50 PM   #78
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post

Seconded if this is the only way. That’s one feature I’ve seen the least amount of people use.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:53 PM   #79
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
Thirded. It's the first thing I turn off on a new device.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:18 PM   #80
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Which just goes to show how important the option is
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:20 PM   #81
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
OK, working on it now. I'm almost done, but I just need to figure out why my branch instruction isn't assembling.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:54 PM   #82
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Which just goes to show how important the option is
I'll just have to manage with a one-off manual edit of the .conf file. It'll be a struggle, but sacrifices must be made for the common good
Old 11-11-2018, 07:34 PM   #83
geek1011
Wizard

Patches v28 with new "Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen" patch

I have released patches v28 with a new "Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen" patch by me.

This patch replaces the "Adobe EPUB page numbers" setting in "Reading settings" with a "Invert screen".

Spoiler:
Code:
Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen:
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: |
      Replaces the adobe page numbers toggle in reading settings with an invert
      screen one.
  # Note: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/jeremy-allen-cs/c93bd333b5b585c2b840/raw/772efa2851189d1fd0fd41a2dfd95b688bd7d96e/arm_blx_encode.py is useful when changing these instructions.
  # in a subroutine of N3SettingsReadingView::setupUi(Widget) (found backwards from FeatureSettings::getShowAdobePageNumbers()):
  # change ReadingSettings::getShowAdobePageNumbers() to FeatureSettings::invertScreen()
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x84AD58, FindH: C7 F7 A0 E6, ReplaceH: D3 F7 DE E1}
  # in N3SettingsReadingController::showAdobePageNumbersToggled():
  # change ReadingSettings::getShowAdobePageNumbers() to FeatureSettings::invertScreen()
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x849396, FindH: C9 F7 82 E3, ReplaceH: D4 F7 C0 E6}
  # and ReadingSettings::setShowAdobePageNumbers(bool) to FeatureSettings::setInvertScreen(bool)
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x8493A2, FindH: CE F7 E2 E4, ReplaceH: D4 F7 EA E2}
  # then change the text in the settings page
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "Show Adobe EPUB page numbers", Replace: "Invert screen"}

On a side note, if anyone wants to see my kobopatch configuration, it is here: https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatch-config

Last edited by geek1011; 11-11-2018 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:22 PM   #84
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I have released patches v28 with a new "Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen" patch by me.

This patch replaces the "Adobe EPUB page numbers" setting in "Reading settings" with a "Invert screen".
Very nice! Thank you very much for this.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:23 PM   #85
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Very nice! Thank you very much for this.
No problem! I'm planning to make 1 patch per week from now on.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:29 PM   #86
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
No problem! I'm planning to make 1 patch per week from now on.
Do tell! What goodies do you have in mind?
Old 11-11-2018, 11:28 PM   #87
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:

This patch replaces the "Adobe EPUB page numbers" setting in "Reading settings" with a "Invert screen”
Thank you! This makes it so much nicer to turn this feature on and off. And while I read novels with the screen inverted I recently tossed Calvin and Hobbes on my Forma. Inverted comics, even black and white comics, just aren’t the same.

For those who enable this patch if you have the screen inverted before enabling the check box next to this option will be blank. Checking it does nothing the first time but unchecking it sets the screen back to normal and then checking it a third time gets your screen inverted again. So don’t panic if the box for the setting isn’t enabled when the feature is. It’ll sort itself out.

Last edited by MGlitch; 11-11-2018 at 11:32 PM.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:15 AM   #88
Knightreader
Connoisseur
Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1. Kobo Forma, 2. Kobo H2O Edition 2 (v1)
Quote:
patch replaces the "Adobe EPUB page numbers" setting in "Reading settings" with a "Invert screen"
Tested this patch on both Mark 5 and 6 H2O successfully.
For german UI I changed the "Invert screen" to "Nachtmodus" in the patch.
On the Mark 5 H2O the background shows massive ghosting, but this shouldn't have anything to do with the patch.

Great work! And next please a patch for wiping right side the comfortlight.
Knightreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 03:29 AM   #89
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Wow, this is awesome! Thanks, geek1011 It works great on my Clara HD.

Just for clarification: Does nightmode.ini still need to be installed for the invertScreen patch to work?
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 04:10 AM   #90
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Forma
This Nightmode-Patch works fine with my Forma, many thanks to @geek1011!
jamalau is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching