Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-23-2019, 04:42 PM   #16
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I'm one that doesn't want a 7.8" screen.
Borrow a Forma from someone and read some books on it and you might change your tune.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 04:45 PM   #17
Apparition B5
Zealot
Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 and iPad Air 5
Depending on how well it sideloads eBooks, I may actually buy this just to support a non-Amazon eReader in the U.S.
Apparition B5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2019, 04:50 PM   #18
vampmiller
Enthusiast
vampmiller got an A in P-Chem.vampmiller got an A in P-Chem.vampmiller got an A in P-Chem.vampmiller got an A in P-Chem.vampmiller got an A in P-Chem.vampmiller got an A in P-Chem.vampmiller got an A in P-Chem.vampmiller got an A in P-Chem.vampmiller got an A in P-Chem.vampmiller got an A in P-Chem.vampmiller got an A in P-Chem.

Device: kobo aura, kindle voyager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apparition B5 View Post
Depending on how well it sideloads eBooks, I may actually buy this just to support a non-Amazon eReader in the U.S.
That's a really childish and silly reason to buy the Nook. AND exactly the reason I'm buying one.
vampmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 04:52 PM   #19
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
Borrow a Forma from someone and read some books on it and you might change your tune.
Why do that when I can just go into a B&N and see the new Glowlight Plus? I'm the only person I know that has a Kobo at all.

But I can tell you that I preferred mass market paperbacks to hardbacks or trade paperbacks. I preferred the more compact size.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 04:56 PM   #20
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Is that photo added to the first post an actual image of the new Nook or just a speculation what it might look like?
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2019, 04:57 PM   #21
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Is that photo added to the first post an actual image of the new Nook or just a speculation what it might look like?
I got it off a press release site. That is what B&N is saying is the new device.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 04:59 PM   #22
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I got it off a press release site. That is what B&N is saying is the new device.
Thank you.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:52 PM   #23
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I have created a wiki page NOOK GlowLight Plus for this device. The specifications are still mostly not available and B&N have not yet posted it on their site.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 05:59 PM   #24
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
But I can tell you that I preferred mass market paperbacks to hardbacks or trade paperbacks. I preferred the more compact size.
Well, I did too. But now I read on my 7'' Oasis most of the time. Really like the larger screen.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:24 PM   #25
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Seriously? The Glowlight Plus is the place to take a stand? The iPad, Microsoft Surface, Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Oasis names are used repeatedly for different products. But Glowlight Plus is where it becomes sad?
Ikr. Seems like no matter what Barnes and Nobles does ..even if they are still in there trying. Someone has to find something stupid to complain about....

It actually sounds like a pretty nice device.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 11:27 PM   #26
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Seriously? The Glowlight Plus is the place to take a stand? The iPad, Microsoft Surface, Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Oasis names are used repeatedly for different products. But Glowlight Plus is where it becomes sad?
I am bothered by all of the examples you mention because recycling product names causes needless confusion.

If they want to gripe about one in particular, fine by me.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 11:54 PM   #27
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I also have to say, given my limited funds situation and how embedded in the kindle ecosystem I am, including Kindle Unlimited, this is probably a hard sell for me. And that's the problem facing ebook ecosystems competing with Amazon?
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:12 AM   #28
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
Ikr. Seems like no matter what Barnes and Nobles does ..even if they are still in there trying. Someone has to find something stupid to complain about....

It actually sounds like a pretty nice device.
I can't think of ANY other 7.8" eReader that sells for $200. That, in itself, should be a major selling point. And if you're (some kind of) B&N member, you get another 10% off — so $180 (not on sale).

Last edited by rcentros; 05-24-2019 at 12:14 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:32 AM   #29
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
Or you might not. Having tried 6", 6.8" and 8", I stuck with a 6".
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:55 AM   #30
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Or you might not. Having tried 6", 6.8" and 8", I stuck with a 6".
Yep, it's very personal. I did end up with 8" (Forma) via 6" (Cybook Gen3) -> 9.7" (Kindle DXG) -> 6.8" (Aura HD/H2O) -> 7.8" (Aura ONE).

I bought the Forma because I wanted the buttons
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote