Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-25-2010, 10:45 AM   #1
jeff862
jeff862 began at the beginning.

Device: jetlite
jetbook lite best format for magazine, newspaper

hello there:
i could like to know what is the best format to convert to from magazine, newpaper with pictures and articles in pdf format?
epub? mobi html? please help
what is the best conversion software to use for optimal reading with jbl
jeff862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:16 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The PDF files that I have seen, (taken from magazines, as you describe) are a
collection of full page images. Considering the practical limits of a small screen
the JBL does have pretty good functions to navigate PDF image files.

Have you tried out the "OK" button when viewing such a PDF? One press gives
you a 9 element selection grid for zooming in. Another press and you have a 4
element selection grid. Then you can use the direction ring around the "OK"
button to view the adjacent elements.

I find just using the "Zoom/Font" button and selecting 200% works great for most
such PDFs.

In other words, I would keep them as PDF.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2010, 02:28 PM   #3
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Agree with Ken, for anything with a graphic in it that you wish to retain the image your best bet is to leave it as it is.

If its just an ebook scan, where you not concerned about the images, then I prefer Zilla pdf to text converter.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote