Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-04-2009, 07:05 PM   #1
hodad66
Beachside Member
hodad66 doesn't litterhodad66 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3
Talking Reader Arrival!

This afternoon the 505 that I had won on Ebay arrived.
Sealed as advertised, this is one sweet lil gem of a reader.
It is currently charging on my desk from the USB port.
I'm going to wait till the red light goes out to even attempt
to register it with the Sony Library.......

Seems to be one of the Target units and includes a free copy
of "The Other Queen"......... ER, JUST TRIED TO REDEEM and
it says that it is invalid..... oh well.

Last edited by hodad66; 11-04-2009 at 10:17 PM.
hodad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:02 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Congratulations!!! The euphoria you experience, that first time you get to play with it, can't be beat..

Make sure to get a separate mains (wall) charger also. It will charge much faster and you won't have to worry about the USB port going into sleep mode or whatever..

So what is the first book that you plan to read on it?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2009, 12:04 AM   #3
hodad66
Beachside Member

already on order.....
Old 11-05-2009, 12:52 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Congrats hodad66. I was so instantly hooked on my 505 that, while it charged up, I bought the eBook version of paperback I was about a quarter of the way through and loved reading it on the Sony.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #5
hodad66
Beachside Member

After spending breakfast and most of the morning
using the new toy I have to admit that this is just
great! One question comes to mind...... why did I
wait so long? Oh, and a problem..... when does
the yard work get done?
Advert
Old 11-05-2009, 08:04 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodad66 View Post
After spending breakfast and most of the morning
using the new toy I have to admit that this is just
great! One question comes to mind...... why did I
wait so long? Oh, and a problem..... when does
the yard work get done?
Welcome to the eBook Addiction Club
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:33 PM   #7
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
already on order.....
I hope you didn't order the 'official' Sony charger. It will work, but any Sony PSP (video game) charger will work as well, and they can be found for well under $10. The BEST single accessory for a 505 (or any Sony Reader) is the PSP data/power cable. This cable will transfer books and let you charge from ANY usb port, including any pc or usb-port wall charger.

Enjoy the 505! (I'm about to give a new one to my Mom for her birthday.)
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:29 AM   #8
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
Quote:
..... when does
the yard work get done?
You schedule the yard work to be done when you're not using the reader for reading. Unfortunately, checking the MR fora and updating your reader take up the remaining time. So you then re-schedule the yard work to be done by a. n. other. Finally you achieve nirvana by putting the yard through a wormhole in the space-time continuum so you can't see it any longer.

Welcome to the addiction :-)
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:23 AM   #9
hodad66
Beachside Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecE View Post
You schedule the yard work to be done when you're not using the reader for reading. Unfortunately, checking the MR fora and updating your reader take up the remaining time. So you then re-schedule the yard work to be done by a. n. other. Finally you achieve nirvana by putting the yard through a wormhole in the space-time continuum so you can't see it any longer.

Too Funny!!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 09:29 AM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecE View Post

huh, funny, that's my strategy for housework.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote