Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 09:25 PM   #1
metal1369
Enthusiast
metal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" wifi
suggestions needed for ebook reader

i was reading trough the forums and was excited about the jointech and wirelesssion products. especially for jointech as they have replaceable batteries.

i need suggestion on just a basic realiable reader. built in wifi would be a plus so i could browse the net when available.

which is better a windows ce based device or an android based device as i have read that windows xp/7 based os are not that good.

any suggestion would be very helpful, and also links for asian based dealers as i am from the Philippines.

thank you.
metal1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:29 AM   #2
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Hello metal1369, welcome to MobileRead.

This is very hard for me to answer considering my post earlier about Android, Converging Devices and Tablets. Do I tell you that you have more choices if you choose an Android tablet? That you can find many reading applications for both DRM and non-DRM ebooks? Kindle and Nook software is available for Android?

Honestly, it depends on your budget. If you want the best experience on the market currently, I would get an iPad (which has everything I said Android does).

If you want something smaller and/or you are on a budget, you will likely have to settle with an Android tablet if you don't want eInk and want a device that has multiple functions (music, video, reading). There are many to choose from now, but it seems that none of them have the complete experience (some lack good music, others don't have good upgrading, others don't work fully, video has horrible performance).

If you want to try something as good as an iPad, around the same price range, I would look for an Atom-based tablet like the Archos 9 or a Exo PC (not out yet). You can run Windows 7, Windows XP, and many very nice Linux distros.

In my humble opinion, I would not put out any serious money on something right now. Buy something cheap and settle for less features. Pandigital Novel (the white version) is very nice when hacked. Archos 5 Internet Tablet is great (although only has Android 1.6). Finally, the WitsTech A-81E seems to be getting good reviews. I know others here will have recommendations too.

If you just want a good reader, and surfing the web or video is not a concern, you can always get a Nook or a Kindle. Of course, if you want to read in low-light/dark situations it isn't the best solution, but as dedicated readers both of these devices are great.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2010, 06:19 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Metal. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
metal1369
Enthusiast
metal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

so first thing to look for is an android based device which the Pandigital Novel and WitsTech A-81E both have.
now conserning the batteries for this two. are they replaceable? what happens whey they die on me? can i buy a replacement?
Old 09-11-2010, 12:50 AM   #5
metal1369
Enthusiast

how bout the archos 7 ? as i saw one here in our country any news on this?
Advert