Notices

Old 10-14-2008, 05:53 PM   #1
veeraganesh
Enthusiast
veeraganesh began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s
Memory full warning

Hi
I tried to zoom-in and sometimes tried Zoom tools. Whenever I do this, getting an error message saying " cannot do this operation as memory is full" and then it goes black. When I close the pdf it says "closed due to error".

Any one came across this?
veeraganesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:58 PM   #2
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Yes. I suspect it is a memory issue likewise, it cannot cope with some large pdfs. I suspect it doesn't use the SD card as a RAM disk and so is limited to its internal memory. I can open pdfs up to around the 22 - 25Mb but it fails on 36Mb.
It will also depend on the rendering it has to do for the document you are trying to zoom into.
On the documents I zoom, I don't have a problem below 150% zoom but do occasionally at or greater than 150%.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2008, 06:42 PM   #3
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
I have had it happen as well with a -very- large image file being zoomed to 200%. Just showed the same error window, and a black image.
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:33 PM   #4
dobbyone
dobbyone began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, HTC Tytn II, DR1000S
The same here, 53mb pdf, error message when I tried 150%
dobbyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:36 PM   #5
dobbyone
dobbyone began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, HTC Tytn II, DR1000S
Now with a 45mb, i don't have the paging at the bottom of the screen.
PS: They appeared after toggling Full screen view

Last edited by dobbyone; 10-15-2008 at 03:38 PM.
dobbyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert