Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-08-2008, 05:25 PM   #1
kesey
Enthusiast
kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
New arrival sparks grins

I picked up my new 505 from Waterstone today and to say I'm pleased would be very much an understatement. The design is superb - it looks gorgeous. The brushed aluminium body contrasted with the chromed top and bottom, the solid construction, the quality and clarity of the e-ink display together with the 100 books on the CD make this a superb purchase to my mind, for a cost of €249.00.

I'm presently revelling in and marvelling at "The Three Musketeers". The quality of writing and description is fabulous. There is no way that I would have bought a paper copy of "The Three Musketeers", or no doubt many of the other books on the CD, as I would have felt that having read the book as a child it must be a childish book. So much for that. Like "The Lord of the Rings" (or is it "The Little Prince" or neither!!?) "The Three Musketeers" appears to be for children of all ages from 8 to 80.

Oct 2nd may herald the arrival of a new model or, like the PS3, perhaps Sony will have contrived a software upgrade. Not to worry, in either case this 505 is here to stay and thanks to these forums and places like Feedbooks.com there is a large menu out there.

Many thanks to all here for the excellent advice advocating the various models of ebook reader. Once the choice is made the fun begins.
kesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:03 PM   #2
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Could not put it in better words.

Enjoy!
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2008, 02:32 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The only thing I would say is that you'll find versions of most of those 100 "classics" in the "Book Uploads" forum here which are much better formatted than the versions that Sony supply. Many of them have illustrations, etc, which the Sony versions lack.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:01 AM   #4
kesey
Enthusiast
kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Thanks for the reminder re the Book Uploads section here. Now that I actually have the 505 in hands I'm looking forward to downloading, reading and doing a bit of uploading once I've learned a bit more about getting the formatting correct etc.

I had searched for "The Riddle of the Sands" during the last few days and did not find it. I was going to have a go at that. A search this morning however found that Harry had already done the deed:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=Riddle+Sands

Great stuff

Last edited by kesey; 09-09-2008 at 04:12 AM.
kesey is offline   Reply With Quote