Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #1
hipercol
hipercol began at the beginning.

Device: pw1, aura hd
Recommended Content is gone (PW1)

After struggling with the latest fw update 5.3.9 (had to downgrade, jbreak, certs and dev keys, jbbridge and upgrade again) i just noticed that the recommended books that used to show up on the bottom of the homescreen while on cover view, don't anymore. It shows a text saying to tap it to discover new content and the classic image of the person reading under the tree. I can turn it off and have a full covers homescreen but i liked that feature of showing similar content or new one as a way to discover stuff.
My kindle is a pw1 withous special offers. I have some hacks installed but can't really associate any of them with this, as I had them before and recommended content showed up as in a vanilla version.
I can live without it but has anyone else noticed the same?
hipercol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's a setting: "Reading recommendations". I think it's under Options/Personalise My Kindle".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert