Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
20LEgend
Connoisseur
20LEgend began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
A-Z still wrong!

Can someone help plz? I have posted this problem in the past but with no luck.
After getting my kindle3 I then bought another one recently as a gift. I used the same Calibre program that all my books are listed on and saved them to the new kindle - didn't change any settings at all.
However, my kindle lists authors a-z by 1st name while my gift kindle lists them properly by surname.
I have even just removed and completely re-loaded the books onto my kindle but they still list a-z by 1st name.
Advice please???
20LEgend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:51 PM   #2
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
You need to change the metadata in calibre.
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I suggest doing a Factory Reset on your Kindle (menu -> Settings -> Menu -> Reset to Factory Defaults). This will wipe out all your files and all the last read markers etcetera (but replacing all the ebooks should have almost done the same thing already). Also, check that you are running the same firmware version as on the gift Kindle. Then restore the ebooks from Calibre, just like you did for the gift Kindle.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
For the Kindle to sort authors properly, the author metadata needs to be entered as last name, first name.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #5
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool A-Z still wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
For the Kindle to sort authors properly, the author metadata needs to be entered as last name, first name.
yes, or you could have the author name set to first last and the author sort set to last, first and then check the box in preferences-->output options-->mobi that says 'use author sort for author'
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote