Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 09:52 PM   #76
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Yah, geez, Pushka ... let us have our angst fun! *snickers*

Not that I check my order for a shipping date once a day ... (I check it twice a day, just in case ... LOL).
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:13 PM   #77
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
This forum is fine with the shipping thing, but one person on the Amazon forum posted that they wouldnt have even bought the k3 if they thought it wasnt going to arrive on the 27th! They are all so antsy about it and heaven help anyone who tells them that maybe it wont arrive that day.

I check mine too, but dont expect much action for another few days at least.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 11:33 PM   #78
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
This forum is fine with the shipping thing, but one person on the Amazon forum posted that they wouldnt have even bought the k3 if they thought it wasnt going to arrive on the 27th! They are all so antsy about it and heaven help anyone who tells them that maybe it wont arrive that day.

I check mine too, but dont expect much action for another few days at least.
I find it kind of sad really. Yes I am excited about receiving my new toy, but some people as you kindly pointed out on the Amazon forums are getting very impatient. I feel like posting "it is a Kindle people, a Kindle, not a liver transplant. A day or two late is not the end of the world". Sadly I think I'd get my message removed and replaced with "Amazon CS is cr4p, they said it will be released on the 27th, it is now the 24th and I havent received my shipping info. If I had know it was going to be like this I would have bought something else" Bah!!!
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:36 PM   #79
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
I find it kind of sad really. Yes I am excited about receiving my new toy, but some people as you kindly pointed out on the Amazon forums are getting very impatient. I feel like posting "it is a Kindle people, a Kindle, not a liver transplant. A day or two late is not the end of the world". Sadly I think I'd get my message removed and replaced with "Amazon CS is cr4p, they said it will be released on the 27th, it is now the 24th and I havent received my shipping info. If I had know it was going to be like this I would have bought something else" Bah!!!
And no doubt you would also receive a "no" vote for the "this did not help the discussion" rating, coz i sure as heck did!
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:45 AM   #80
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
I'm hoping to get mine before a long train journey, but I expect not to.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2010, 03:55 AM   #81
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
I dont understand all the angst about shipping. Even if they stick to a delivery date of 27th (I reckon they will start shipping then, not deliver) then nothing will happen until Wednesday.
Or even Thursday, for next day delivery. The covers, etc, all have an expected delivery date of the 27th, rather than a shipping date of the 27th.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:35 AM   #82
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
On mine this morning (ordered on the day of the announcement), the delivery date at the top of the two items grouped together (cover and Kindle 3G/Wi-fi) has moved out from the 26th August to the 31st August. Which will upset the hardcore on the other Kindle fora mentioned in this thread earlier ......

I think that is just for the cover though - hard to tell from the way it is laid out. Kindle still says 'we'll notify you via email'.

So if the projected delivery date is the 31st August now, I would think the actual despatch date (for the cover at least) is the 27th.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:56 AM   #83
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
I ordered the kindle and lighted cover on 31st July, my cover shows delivery date of 27th August, kindle still waiting on date. I chose expedited delivery though
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:56 AM   #84
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by suecsi View Post
On mine this morning (ordered on the day of the announcement), the delivery date at the top of the two items grouped together (cover and Kindle 3G/Wi-fi) has moved out from the 26th August to the 31st August. Which will upset the hardcore on the other Kindle fora mentioned in this thread earlier ......

I think that is just for the cover though - hard to tell from the way it is laid out. Kindle still says 'we'll notify you via email'.

So if the projected delivery date is the 31st August now, I would think the actual despatch date (for the cover at least) is the 27th.
I'm getting confused with dispatch dates and delivery dates people keep talking about. I know when I ordered mine (4th August) the Kindle page said my Kindle will ship on or before 4th September, and the cover will ship on the 27th August, expected delivery 31stAug-4thSep. So for me I am pretty clear what is happening with mine.

Did Amazon actually promise a DELIVERY date with Kindle orders, or was it just a dispatch/shipping date and people are getting confused? Or am I confused?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:14 AM   #85
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
I've checked back on my original order acknowledgement email from the 29th July and it says:-

Quote:
Delivery estimate:We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. It will ship separately. You can cancel at any time.

1 "Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite, 3G Works Globally - Latest Generation"
Electronics; £149.00

Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

Delivery estimate: 1 Sep 2010 - 3 Sep 2010

Dispatch estimate for these items: 26 Aug 2010
1 "Kindle Leather Cover, Black (Fits 6" Display, Latest Generation Kindle)"
Accessory; £29.99

Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:30 AM   #86
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
My cover and charger are still both showing a delivery (not dispatch) date of 27th Aug.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:12 AM   #87
estrial
small is good
estrial doesn't litterestrial doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy S
I always thought they were going to start dispatching on the 27th aug, not arrive on that date.
estrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:23 AM   #88
namebrandon
Connoisseur
namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: Kindle WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by estrial View Post
I always thought they were going to start dispatching on the 27th aug, not arrive on that date.
I thought the same. Though I have to admit, I was very confused on why Amazon would begin shipping on a Friday.
namebrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:26 AM   #89
tovare
Addict
tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle kb Wifi, new Kindle NT, PW2, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by estrial View Post
Who knows, maybe some packages might hit the post office on the 26th and arrive on friday for some people in the US. (Since they probably have them all allready, just waiting for release date).

And, somehow I doubt that Amazon will pack all the pre-orders on friday and just show up at the mail-office with all of them on friday afternoon. (although Amazon do have some serious fulfillment centers :-) ).

If they wanted to, I guess they could have sent my kindle today for a launch-day delivery
tovare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:36 AM   #90
Hampshire Nanny
Guru
Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KB, iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
My cover and charger are still both showing a delivery (not dispatch) date of 27th Aug.
Mine says "Not yet shipped
Shipping Estimate: August 27, 2010"

What are you looking at that shows the delivery date?
Hampshire Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote