Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-23-2011, 01:45 AM   #91
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishcompany View Post
No, it has no holder for the stylus.
I don't use the stylus with my Sonys, but I dug out the one that came with my T1. It has a kind of hook at the top, which allows me to attach it to the Standard Sony cover, inside the spine where the case folds over the front of the EBR. It fits right in, & the case was clearly designed to accommodate the stylus.

So the T1 does not need a holder for the stylus, or more precisely, it doesn't need one so long as you have the Standard cover. The stylus will likely fit other covers which have a spine, whether on the side or top/bottom like some easel style Tuff-Luvs.

Not as nice as the integrated stylus holder on previous Sonys, but it works.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:43 AM   #92
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Does anyone uses the bookarmor case (edition 2012)?
http://www.ecaddycase.com/shieldedition.html
salines is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #93
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Here is another cover to look at.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cover-Up-...item2a174f9ad4

I have this brand cover from My PRS-650 and it is very nice indeed AFTER I removed the inside pockets with a sharp scalpel.

Now I need to decide between the Gecko Luxe or the Cover-Up
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:22 PM   #94
capuchino71
Enthusiast
capuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony prs350 ,and awaiting PRS-t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Here is another cover to look at.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cover-Up-...item2a174f9ad4

I have this brand cover from My PRS-650 and it is very nice indeed AFTER I removed the inside pockets with a sharp scalpel.

Now I need to decide between the Gecko Luxe or the Cover-Up
I think it same case with Navitech,compare the pics. which i posted in the previos page ,the pink cover.Obviosly they are using same supplier.
capuchino71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #95
Skibble
Runs With Scissors
Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I went with the Verso Prologue Antique cover in brown for my T1. I hadn't originally been planning to buy it, but I saw someone else's Verso cover and it was much nicer in person than I had expected from online photos.

The inside is a black suede-like material. The flat pocket set in the front flap is ideal for the occasional scraps of paper I want to tuck in with my reader. The corner elastic holds the reader in place with a strong grip, and I like the firm backing set under the reader's position. You can't see this backing in the photos on Amazon, but it's like a smooth plastic protective pad, for lack of a better term. The reader grips onto it really well and doesn't slide around in the elastic.

Since it's a universal cover, there is about a quarter-inch of "space" on all sides of the reader when it is set in place, but I find this sizing to be perfect. There is less of a chance that the edges of the reader will get dinged up when out and about, since it's set back into the cover just enough. This set-back also allows room for the stylus to be set inside the cover. There's no stylus holder, but the default T1 stylus has a perfectly sized hook to attach securely to the back of the cover and hang down inside the spine next to the reader. There's little to no risk it will get dislodged in that position.

The cover itself isn't real leather, I don't think, but you can't easily tell by looking at it. It is very firm at the moment, but I expect the "leather" will break in a bit as time goes on. Even now, though, the spine is still flexible enough to be bent back all the way for one-handed reading. You can slide your hand into the pocket to hold it when the cover is bent back that way. It's not an entirely natural holding position, but it has come in handy a few times when I was moving about and was fearful of dropping my reader.

The only thing I didn't like about the cover was the gold foil stamping on the front and spine. I've never liked gold foil on leather covers -- it looks cheesy to me. But I rubbed the cover down with acetone to remove the gold and lighten up the brown color of the cover overall. It now has a lovely honey-tone antiqued look with none of the gold bling. After the holidays I will get a little shoe polish, I think, and re-darken it just a tad, but it certainly looks nice as it is.

I'm very pleased with it. I had a Cover-Up black leather case for my PRS-350 and was happy enough with it, but I like this Verso cover much more!
Skibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2011, 07:57 AM   #96
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by capuchino71 View Post
I bought this for my daughter : http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00661JRDI
What to say its not bad but nothing like in the picture.
Feels good and its sturdy, reader fits well inside but the workers when sewing it done little bit wrong , so the depth is not enough with 2-3 mm, which causes the frame around the reader not to stay like suposed to be. Still happy with it. see the attached pictures.
I've just received mine as well, and I agree with what you say. It's not badt, but it's not like the Amazon pic - really can't work out if it's leather or not, but the inside lining definitely isn't. However, it does seem sturdy, the front cover is well padded, and I really like the fact that there's a fold-over flap to keep the e-reader locked in position. The stylus holder and the press-stud closure are both good. I didn't have the problem with the sewing that you mention, but I do agree that the bottom part of the pocket could have been deeper - I don't get the reason this had to be so narrow, and I don't like that it's curved. I'd have preferred it to have covered the whole of the bottom of the e-reader, right up to the screen, with a cut-out for the buttons, as the company had for the Kindle 4 case (I think that price reflects the quality more too!). I'm not awfully impressed that the company still hasn't got these available on their own site yet even though it's nearly a month later - the Amazon postage is quite a bit more expensive. Can't work out why they supplied two SD rather than microSD pockets either.

Even so, I'm still happy with it, and as long as it protects the ereader, that's the main thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capuchino71 View Post
I think it same case with Navitech,compare the pics. which i posted in the previos page ,the pink cover. Obviosly they are using same supplier.
Yep, I think you're right - the only differences seem to be the direction of the stripes on the lining, and the fact that this one does seem to have microSD pockets. And the price is quite a lot more!
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:24 AM   #97
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
As vishcompany says, no it doesn't, but you can hook the stylus over the spine area. It's secure enough as long as the cover is either closed or open and folded back on itself.

This 'solution' may not suit a purist, though.

Edit: Another plus I liked about the official Sony case is that the 4 corners of the reader are fully & tightly enclosed in the 'plastic cradle'. I don't think the reader and case are likely to become accidentally detached.

I've always wondered how secure those '4 corner strap' cases are (although I've never owned one, so I could be quite wrong).

I've never bought an official Sony case before. I usually get a Tuff Luv, but because they were a bit slow off the mark I thought I'd try the Sony. I didn't like the price much but thought using the T1 uncased for months would be asking for trouble.

I have realised that I really like the slightly pearlised red bezel of my reader (surprisingly I haven't found the shininess to be a problem at all). The official Sony case does allow me to keep that.

Hi
I know what you are saying but I just think sony overcharge for these cases. I have original navitech case(straps) and my wife has the new one with the pocket. I like both but the new case is definately a good upgrade. The only problem I have found with them is the strap closing mechanism. It works fine but it makes the cover just that little to big to fit in inside pocket of my coat. This could over time make me buy the sony case as I believe it doesn't have a strap.
Ps I think both. Navitech cases I have are leather but it doesn't really matter to me, I just want a sturdy case.
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:52 PM   #98
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Has anybody have the combination; oficial cover lighted black and sony prs t1 red?

Is it a good combination?

thanks.
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:18 PM   #99
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasn75 View Post
Hi
... but I just think sony overcharge for these cases...
Can't argue with that
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #100
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
I just bought a Case Logic soft pouch. It's a wee bit loose, but I'm happy with it. There's a little pocket I could put the stylus in, but I don't think I'll bother.

http://www.caselogic.eu/en/GB/Produc..._7TabletSleeve

UK/Ireland members: I got mine in HMV for €20.
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:19 PM   #101
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasn75 View Post
Hi
I know what you are saying but I just think sony overcharge for these cases.
When you consider that most cases run between 20 & 40 percent of the cost of an EBR, it makes one wonder which is the more profitable item to manufacture...
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #102
arciervo
arciervo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Canadians looking for a cheap cover for their T1 might want to check out Coles/Chapters. Yesterday, I picked up a Kobo-branded leatherette bookstyle cover at the local Coles for 10 bucks (originally $29.95); it uses elastic corner straps and fits reasonably well. The store also had Kobo/Roots-branded leather sleeves for the same price. Both of these are sized to fit the older Kobo eReader (rather than the Kobo Touch) which is presumably why they are being cleared out.
arciervo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:34 AM   #103
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
Sony's official case with light is kind of expensive, is there a third party alternative to it?
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:44 AM   #104
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
BookArmor cases

I've used their cases on a previous 505 and my current 950. Both have been great investments, VERY sturdy, and provide outstanding screen protection on the Sony ereaders.

Although I do not have one of their current units, it seems that all that has changed is the way the reader locks into the case. As a result, I would expect it to perform well based on the quality of their previous generations.
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:49 AM   #105
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinancialWar View Post
Sony's official case with light is kind of expensive, is there a third party alternative to it?
I picked up a lighted case for a 600 on clearance at Office Depot for $6. The T1 fits, it just doesn't use the brackets. I put a strip of regular velcro on the inside of the cover and a couple of velcro dots on the reader that hold it well. I don't need the light very often, so I bought a standard case for the 600 for $2 and did the same to it.

The T1 is about the same height as the 600 and just a little narrower. It sits inside the brackets which adds some stability. The cover looks nice, has the Sony Reader logo and I doubt most people could tell it wasn't made for it.

I've seen the covers at every Office Depot I've been to, and they keep dropping the price.
retro is offline   Reply With Quote