Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #16
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I also enjoy the Bujold books on Audible. I can't remember the narrator but he is also a good match.
Grover Gardner. I agree, he does an excellent job.

I also like Allyson Johnson, who does the Honor Harrington books. She took some (unfair) heat for her pronunciation in that series, but I also heard one of the book done by another woman in another audio edition, and Johnson is FAR better (imho).

Similarly, we've discussed elsewhere on MR how the various editions of "Moby Dick" can run the gamut from from boring to exciting depending on the narrator.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #17
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post

Similarly, we've discussed elsewhere on MR how the various editions of "Moby Dick" can run the gamut from from boring to exciting depending on the narrator.
I like Ishmael as a narrator.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2012, 04:27 AM   #18
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
[...]Similarly, we've discussed elsewhere on MR how the various editions of "Moby Dick" can run the gamut from from boring to exciting depending on the narrator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
I like Ishmael as a narrator.
I didn't, he bored me so much I almost gave up.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #19
Lazer
Groupie
Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
I'm glad to see this thread. I've been considering doing a self-recorded version of my recent book. I think my voice will work but I'll have to record a chapter and see how it sounds.

I too am a fan of auidobooks, mostly for travelling. I'll frequently shop for an audiobook by narrator in the genre I enjoy: George Guidall. His voice can make almost any story worth listening too.

Last edited by Lazer; 08-18-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Lazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #20
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
I greatly enjoy Jeff Woodman and Stefan Rudnicki. They could make a phone book sound interesting...
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #21
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I didn't, he bored me so much I almost gave up.
Was it the *real* Ishmael...or someone who just told you to call him that?

Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote