Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
Albyr
Enthusiast
Albyr began at the beginning.

Device: none
(Home) repair of burst cell (dark spot) possible? Also, claiming on insurance ...

I think I must have whacked the display of my DR800 with something because a little dark spot has appeared and doesn't disappear when I power off, change pages or wipe the screen.

Looking at iRex's website it seems to be what they describe as "burst cell". Now I realise that I probably don't want to be sending my device to iRex at the moment, so is there anything I can do? I'm guessing no, but I thought I'd check.

Also, has anyone any experience claiming on insurance for a damaged eBook reader? How bad does the damage have to be before they will replace it? I'm guessing it really depends on my insurer!
Albyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
owl123
Addict
owl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy NotePro 12.2, InkBook
I'm not sure if they're actually replacing or fixing anything. They're bankrupt after all.
owl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
iRex is definitely not doing any repair/replacements right now. They've said that they are not legally allowed to even ship/receive anything.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burst, cell, damage, insurance