Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 08-01-2017, 10:04 AM   #1
rpresser
rpresser has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Ebookwise1150, Treo 600
Recipe made 30 copies

I had a scheduled recipe for Lightspeed Magazine. Last month I ran it manually. This month it ran on schedule, and there are 30 copies of the output, all ran between 12:00 AM and 12:41 AM. They all have slightly different sizes, too, although the TOC are all the same.

calibre 2.8.1 [64bit] (yes, I know 3.5.0 is out now)

Here's the recipe. Any idea what went wrong?

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python2
# vim:fileencoding=utf-8
from __future__ import unicode_literals, division, absolute_import, print_function
from calibre.web.feeds.news import BasicNewsRecipe

class AdvancedUserRecipe1366025923(BasicNewsRecipe):
    title = u'Lightspeed Magazine'
    oldest_article = 31
    max_articles_per_feed = 100
    auto_cleanup = False
    use_embedded_content = False
    feeds = [(u'Lastest Stories', u'http://www.lightspeedmagazine.com/rss-2/')]

Last edited by rpresser; 08-01-2017 at 10:06 AM.
rpresser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:34 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You probably setup the schedule incorrectly so it downloaded multiple times int he same day, for example if you set it to download once every x days with x being less than one.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:56 AM   #3
rpresser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You probably setup the schedule incorrectly so it downloaded multiple times int he same day, for example if you set it to download once every x days with x being less than one.
I don't think so ... it is set for "Days of Month" and 1. Screenshot here:

https://www.screencast.com/t/SSRTdi2N7p2B

And here's a partial screenshot of my Jobs history:

https://www.screencast.com/t/MwwmEpQ3
Old 08-01-2017, 11:04 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The only other thing I can think of is using the download all scheduled menu entry (from clicking the arrow next to the fetch news button) repeatedly.

The contents of a recipe have no influence on when it is run.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:03 PM   #5
rpresser

Well, I am positive that didn't happen; I fell asleep at 10 PM last night, and nobody else has my unlock password.

I guess there is nothing to do except wait for next month to see if it malfunctions the same way again.

Tags
recipe