Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-29-2019, 05:51 PM   #1261
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Not quite. There should be a horizontal scroll bar to allow you to see the rest of the data in the table. I'm pretty sure the columns are being set to the width of the data in them, which could make them very wide. But, the horizontal scrollbar should be obvious and allow you to scroll to see the rest of the lines. Plus, you can change the width of the columns when viewing them. I'm not sure if reducing the default width of the column is a good idea. You can resize the config dialog which resizes the table and should show more of the columns.

If the horizontal scroll scrollbar is not shown, that is another issue. In that case, what happens when you resize the dialog? And what version of calibre are you running? And what OS?
I am using the older version of Goodreads Sync with Windows 7Pro, and Calibre 3.47. Yes, I know they are all a bit dated. I chose to stay with the older Calibre until the bugs were worked out better, and I use the older Goodreads Sync because I don't like how long the new version took to sync the files. So, I reverted it to the newest version before the post where you uploaded the "beta" version.

I was able to fix the column widths. Yes, there was a scroll bar, but the scroll bar would go to the end, and the sync books column wasn't shown. I believe it was due to the columns being too wide because of the rules. I have managed to figure out that if I go to the end of the box and resize the columns I was able to get the sync to show. I just have to do it each time I open the plugin. I will check the config file. I wasn't sure where the command was in it. If you could copy/paste the exact command I can find it in the file and make the changes.

Thanks for your help
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 01:49 AM   #1262
dewd
Enthusiast
dewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: none
I'm also finding the new version of the plugin to be much slower than previous versions, and as the new features aren't of use to me, I'd like to revert to an older version - is there a repository of the previous version files anywhere?
dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2019, 03:05 AM   #1263
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Which versions are being referred to as slow? The last beta I posted in May, or the released version that came out in October 2018? There shouldn't be any performance difference between these. I did add progress bars, but these shouldn't affect performance by even a second.

Also, what function is slow?

Last edited by davidfor; 11-01-2019 at 09:38 AM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:58 AM   #1264
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Unless the slowdown is with Goodreads.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 09:20 PM   #1265
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Hello people today something strange happened to me. Of the books that I have read, and in charge I load all the metadata, when I synchronize the Goodreads shelf, the book's comments are deleted. It had never happened to me before, will it work well with the Caliber update?

(1)
Looking for metadata with these two add-ons.

(2)
Metadata loaded.

(3)
Synchronized bookshelf read, I've always done it this way and it worked.

(4)
After syncing, the book comment does not appear.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	174852   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	174853   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	174854   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	231.6 KB
ID:	174855  

Last edited by dunhill; 11-10-2019 at 08:32 PM. Reason: photos
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2019, 03:47 AM   #1266
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
Hello people today something strange happened to me. Of the books that I have read, and in charge I load all the metadata, when I synchronize the Goodreads shelf, the book's comments are deleted. It had never happened to me before, will it work well with the Caliber update?

Looking for metadata with these two add-ons.

Metadata loaded.

Synchronized bookshelf read, I've always done it this way and it worked.

After syncing, the book comment does not appear.
This is probably how you have the plugin configured. On the main configuration dialog, there is an option for "Review text columns". You probably have this set to the comments column. In the sync actions for a shelf the last option is "Sync review text from Goodreads when syncing from this shelf". You probably have this selected for the shelf you are syncing. With these options, when you sync the shelf, the review text from Goodreads replaces whatever is in the column. And if there is no review text, the column is cleared. This behaviour has not changed.
Old 11-09-2019, 05:30 AM   #1267
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
This is probably how you have the plugin configured. On the main configuration dialog, there is an option for "Review text columns". You probably have this set to the comments column. In the sync actions for a shelf the last option is "Sync review text from Goodreads when syncing from this shelf". You probably have this selected for the shelf you are syncing. With these options, when you sync the shelf, the review text from Goodreads replaces whatever is in the column. And if there is no review text, the column is cleared. This behaviour has not changed.
thanks i will check the configuration

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3000 mediante Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.png
Views:	130
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	174851  

Last edited by dunhill; 11-10-2019 at 04:31 PM.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 02:10 PM   #1268
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
One suggestion is you should use the Manage Attachments option to upload your images to MobileRead so they display as a thumbnail. Those 4 1280x720 images are a bit larger than permitted.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.png
Views:	114
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	174817   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	131
Size:	674.3 KB
ID:	174818   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	130
Size:	295.8 KB
ID:	174819   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.png
Views:	118
Size:	656.9 KB
ID:	174820  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:30 PM   #1269
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hi there.
I'd like to GoodReads as my e-library catalogue. I've just installed the GoodReads Sync plugin and created a GoodReads account.

I basically want 2 lists on my GoodReads account:
1) List#1 will contain all the ebooks. That is to say, all the books in my Calibre Library.
2) List#2 will contain all the books on my Kobo reader. List#2 is a subset of List#1. Because my Kobo reader is only 8GB, I can't have all my books on my Kobo (I should have bought the 32GB Kobo).

My calibre library currently has 1,200 books. I understand that I should use bulk import/export, so that we plugin users don't get banned by GoodReads.

But how exactly do I create these 2 lists? And how can I have these 2 lists kept in sync as I add books to my (Calibre) library, and as I remove and add books from my Kobo reader?
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 05:40 PM   #1270
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@droopy: As I stated in the other thread, start by reading first post and the help. The specific thing you want to do is under "Adding Books to Shelves", but, you probably need to read most of the rest.

But, I think that you are actually asking two questions:

- How do I keep a list in calibre of what is on my devices.
- How do I synchronise a list between calibre and Goodreads.

The answer to the first is to use the Reading List plugin. It can populate a list based each time you connect the device. But, the real question is: "Why are you doing this?" The device knows what is on it and when you want to read something, you can. When you connect the device, you can see what is on it at that time. Send the books that you want to read soon, remove the books you have finished or realise you don't want to read soon. And a much better use for the Reading List plugin is to create a list that will be sent to the device when it is connected. Add books to it as you get them, connect the device and the books are magically sent.

The latter question should be detailed in the help.
Old 11-15-2019, 11:14 AM   #1271
something random
Member Retired
something random began at the beginning.

Date Started Not Set When Book Read

I just tried to post to the forum but the message doesn't appear so I'm not sure what happened. Forgive me if this shows up twice.

I often read more than one book per day.

When I add a book to 'Currently Reading' the Date Started and Date Added are set to the right date.

After I've read the book, I add the book to 'Read' and the Date Read and Date Added are set but the Date Started is removed and not set any more. I have to manually edit to put in the correct date again.

This only happen when all 3 dates are the same. If I start a book but don't finish until the next day then the dates do not need to be edited.

Please see my screenshots.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Reading 1.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	174950   Click image for larger version

Name:	Reading 2.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	174951  
something random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 04:59 AM   #1272
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

There doesn't look to be anything I can do about that. The API doesn't have a way to set the dates except by adding the book to the appropriate shelf. There is one thing I can think of, but, I need to do some experimenting. And I'm not hopeful.
Old 11-16-2019, 05:16 AM   #1273
something random
Member Retired
something random began at the beginning.

@davidfor
No problem. I've lived with this bug for a while so I wasn't hopeful for an easy fix. Manually editing the dates when required has become part of my checking process when updating books on Goodreads.

Thanks for the quick response. Your maintenance of this plugin is very much appreciated.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
something random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 08:11 AM   #1274
ptomic
ptomic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle PW 1, Kindle PW 3, iphone
I have a problem with this plugin.
When I select books that I want to add and click to Add to shelf there is no new window that was shown in previous versions.

Now this window show only when I click Link to Goodreads but there is only one book in that list.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	download.png
Views:	125
Size:	276.2 KB
ID:	175257  
ptomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 08:51 AM   #1275
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptomic View Post
I have a problem with this plugin.
When I select books that I want to add and click to Add to shelf there is no new window that was shown in previous versions.
I can't think of a way that could happen unless the dialog is appearing off the screen. Is calibre still responsive when this happens? Or do you have to do something to get it working again?
Quote:
Now this window show only when I click Link to Goodreads but there is only one book in that list.
That look like the expected behaviour. You are trying to link the book in the library to a book Goodreads. This is done one book at a time. Select the book in the list and press "OK" to link it, or press "Skip" to not link it if the wrong book was found. That is unchanged.

Tags
calibre, goodreads