Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-08-2014, 07:34 AM   #1
hheartstrongg
hheartstrongg began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Glo not loading books

I had to buy a Kobo Glo yesterday after my Kobo Touch bit the dust, and now I am having more issues.

I had a backup folder of all my .epub files on my computer and I dragged and dropped that into my new Kobo, and now whenever I go to open a book I am met with a blank screen and it acts as if I have finished the book. What is going on? Apparently it's a common issue from what I've googled, but I've yet to find a solution.
hheartstrongg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:24 AM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
That's one of the issues I ran into under the newest firmware, 3.5.0. The books were visible on the reader, but opening them just brought up a perfectly blank page, no page number, and if I managed to close the book, it listed it as "finished."

I'm pretty sure I fixed it with a complete power off (not just sleep). If not, then logging out of the Kobo account on the reader and setting it up again fixed it (but I'm pretty certain just the shut down fixed this issue).
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2014, 10:24 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Date / Time set correctly on the device?

ADE registration done ?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #4
hheartstrongg

ADE registration is done, I loaded the books through ADE.
Time is correct. Will try shutting down now
Old 08-08-2014, 11:31 AM   #5
hheartstrongg

The solution was to not load all 161 books at a time, more like 30 or so.
Advert
Old 08-08-2014, 11:48 AM   #6
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I only loaded 21 books when it happened to me, so that's not a reliable solution.

Edit: Actually now that I think about it more, it's possible I fixed it by removing all books and adding them back on again. But since this reader is just a spare to test out the firmware changes (and reaffirm why I won't put it on the one I actually use for reading), is the reason I loaded only 21 books.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 08-08-2014 at 11:54 AM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote