Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-05-2014, 06:46 AM   #1
voldor
voldor began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Question Kobo not showing any books

Hello i just hard reseted my kobo Glo and then updated it through kobo desktop to 3.3.0 firmware version.

Then i copied/pasted my previous books on the main memory and restarted the device.

Unfortunately the only visible book i see now is the one i freely downloaded years ago with the fnac server and which is restored each time automatically.

All the other ones (that were visible before the hard reset) are never visible even after the update screen at kobo restart (updating the internal DB of the Kobo)

What should i do ? Is the 3.5.0 firmware will fix this ? Is there any other firmware/hack i shoudl try ?

many thanks for your help

Voldor.
voldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:32 AM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Try logging out of your Kobo account on the reader and then log back in. This just happened to me when setting up a new spare Glo last week and that fixed it.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2014, 12:59 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by voldor View Post
Hello i just hard reseted my kobo Glo and then updated it through kobo desktop to 3.3.0 firmware version.

Then i copied/pasted my previous books on the main memory and restarted the device.

Unfortunately the only visible book i see now is the one i freely downloaded years ago with the fnac server and which is restored each time automatically.
One question is where did you copy/paste the sideloaded books? I'd suggest creating a new directory in the root of the the main memory and placing them there. If they were placed in one of the existing directories with a name starting with a ".", they would be ignored while placing them in the root of the main memory is a bit messy.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote