Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-13-2020, 11:46 AM   #46
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5

Thank you all! I connected my Oasis 2 to wifi and rebooted. The toggle was there in settings when it restarted! Now to update my Oasis 3!
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 03:03 PM   #47
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElspethB View Post

Thank you all! I connected my Oasis 2 to wifi and rebooted. The toggle was there in settings when it restarted! Now to update my Oasis 3!
Great to hear!
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2020, 01:06 AM   #48
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Am curious how many people with the dark mode toggle also have the remove permanently feature. I was surprised to discover that one of my PW4s has it and the other does not. Both got the dark mode toggle at about the same time.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 02:03 AM   #49
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Am curious how many people with the dark mode toggle also have the remove permanently feature. I was surprised to discover that one of my PW4s has it and the other does not. Both got the dark mode toggle at about the same time.
I have had the remove permanently feature for 2 weeks now, I had it before I even knew it was a feature, but still no dark mode (Oasis 3).

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 07:36 AM   #50
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
I have had the remove permanently feature for 2 weeks now, I had it before I even knew it was a feature, but still no dark mode (Oasis 3).

Ah, I have it as of this morning (not sure exactly when it appeared and I haven't done a restart since yesterday).

John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2020, 01:07 PM   #51
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
I don't have the permanently remove feature yet. Just double checked. Boy, they really are rolling out these features independently.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 01:34 PM   #52
PRS-T2
Connoisseur
PRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle PW2, Oasis 3
Yay I finally got the dark mode shortcut, too. Took the daily restart to appear. Switching back and forth is so much more convenient now :-)
PRS-T2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 01:45 PM   #53
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
It’s a lovely feature to have to hand, without having to go through multiple menus.

I often switch to landscape and when I do that I prefer to have the forward button in what amazon calls the 'Reverse' position. It would be great for me to have that setting within the fonts menu. Might as well, since they moved just about everything else.

Still dreaming about getting book covers as screen savers. I’ve been thinking about this (too much) and maybe it’s a business decision due to the adverts displayed on special offers?

Frankly, at this stage I would give Bezos $20 to turn on book covers as screen savers. I’m sure he could do with the money.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 01:50 PM   #54
PRS-T2
Connoisseur
PRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle PW2, Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
It’s a lovely feature to have to hand, without having to go through multiple menus.

I often switch to landscape and when I do that I prefer to have the forward button in what amazon calls the 'Reverse' position. It would be great for me to have that setting within the fonts menu. Might as well, since they moved just about everything else.

Still dreaming about getting book covers as screen savers. I’ve been thinking about this (too much) and maybe it’s a business decision due to the adverts displayed on special offers?

Frankly, at this stage I would give Bezos $20 to turn on book covers as screen savers. I’m sure he could do with the money.
Jep still missing book covers for sleep imgs dearly from my jailbroken PW2+3. And meta tag based collections, series... Still a long way to go for readers to become great.
PRS-T2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 01:56 PM   #55
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I rebooted my Oasis 2 just now and the dark mode short cut finally showed up.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 06:00 PM   #56
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I’m still waiting for the ‘permanently delete’ feature on one of my PW4s. I assume that will not be restricted to Kindles that support Dark Mode. I am not entirely comfortable with that as it means that anyone I lend a Kindle to can delete books from my library (accidentally).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 06:13 PM   #57
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenman View Post
Has anyone gotten it on an oasis 2 - firmware 5.12.4 ?

Wife's Kindle
Left wifi on all night. Dark mode toggle there this morning.
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 09:36 AM   #58
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Anyone have dark mode toggle show up on a Kindle Voyage?
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 12:23 PM   #59
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Anyone have dark mode toggle show up on a Kindle Voyage?
The toggle will never show up on the Voyage because the Voyage never had the invert text mode to begin with. The Oasis 2 and 3 have it as well as the PW4 but before the toggle, it was a pain to get to since it was only found under the Accessibility setting.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 01:32 AM   #60
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer
Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1, and iPhone XS Max
I notice that people are saying the toggle appeared once they updated to 5.12.5. But my Oasis 3 had the dark mode toggle even before that firmware update. I had the toggle with 5.12.4.

I believe I was the only one on this forum who had it. (before 5.12.5, I mean) I‘ve yet to see/hear anyone else who had the toggle under the 5.12.4 firmware. I’m still so curious why that is...why or how I had it.

Mine has since received the 2.15.5 update and I’m relieved to see that the toggle is still there. I was worried that my having it might be a fluke, and that I might lose it when I got the .5 update.

Vmurph is offline   Reply With Quote