Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-25-2018, 06:38 PM   #1
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
New Westeros book incoming...

...but it's not WINDS OF WINTER.

As previously hinted, it is a volume on the Targaryan dynasty; a thousand pages. And it's just the first...

https://www.cnet.com/news/game-of-th...ge-r-r-martin/

So now followers will have two unfinished series to wait on.

http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2...od-on-the-way/
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:08 PM   #2
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
I think I'm done.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2018, 08:15 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I never started
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:29 PM   #4
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
My Mom is 84 and hoping he finishes the books while she is still alive. At least she will be able to watch the last season of the show.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 05:04 AM   #5
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I'm done too. The article I read on the new book said Winds of Winter wasn't coming out in 2018 at all. Jeez. I really didn't like book 4 that much, and kinda lost interest half way through book 5 and stopped. I'll finish the HBO series, and I'm done. Too much other good stuff to read to worry about Mr. Martin and it taking almost 8 years for Winds of Winter.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2018, 06:24 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I tapped out after A Feast for Crows. The decision to split the originally planned book into an "all the character POVs you're not really that invested in" book and an "all the character POVs you care most about" book--to be published six years later (bringing the grand total of years I was supposed to wait to read about the characters I was most interested in to a little over a decade)--was the deal-breaker for me.

I stopped watching the show after season three. The books were about so much more than the gore and boobs fest (even though they were certainly featured) HBO has turned it into.

I don't think he'll ever finish the books, to be honest. Once HBO reveals his planned ending, there'll be no impetus for him to finish. The story will already be told.

The first three books were great. Then the wheels simply fell off the bus. *shrug*

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-26-2018 at 06:29 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:15 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm now even more glad I decided not to start the series until it was finished.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:52 AM   #8
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post

. . . I stopped watching the show after season three. The books were about so much more than the gore and boobs fest (even though they were certainly featured) HBO has turned it into.

. . .

The first three books were great. Then the wheels simply fell off the bus. *shrug*
I dunno, the boob-fest was "artistically" done, and I've always found it hard to complain about boob fests, anyway.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:37 AM   #9
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
...I've always found it hard to complain about boob fests, anyway.
Unless we're talking about Congress, am I right?

Thank you! I'll be here all week!
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:57 AM   #10
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Unless we're talking about Congress, am I right?

Thank you! I'll be here all week!
And don't forget to tip the waitress!
Old 04-26-2018, 11:48 AM   #11
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Martin needs to have prequel material ready for HBO's inevitable spin-off series.
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:18 PM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
I dunno, the boob-fest was "artistically" done
I would not consider many of the scenes I saw even remotely "artistic". Nudity for nudity's sake and gratuitous shock-factor is what I see. "Oh look how 'edgy and raw' we can be on HBO!"

Different strokes, though. I know a lot of people love it.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:26 PM   #13
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrf View Post
Martin needs to have prequel material ready for HBO's inevitable spin-off series.
Inevitable for sure: they've already announced they're working on them.

http://time.com/4949933/game-of-thro...requel-series/

Martin's book delays aren't out of laziness. It's just that he really enjoys working the Hollywood side more than the writing.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 02:35 PM   #14
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
I would not consider many of the scenes I saw even remotely "artistic". Nudity for nudity's sake and gratuitous shock-factor is what I see. "Oh look how 'edgy and raw' we can be on HBO!"

Different strokes, though. I know a lot of people love it.

So far I haven't managed to get more than 100 pages into the first book. I haven't watched any of the series yet and have no real desire to. I'm not saying that either is bad (certainly, I have no basis to judge the TV series), but it just wasn't my cup of tea.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:29 PM   #15
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Nudity for nudity's sake and gratuitous shock-factor is what I see.
I have no problem with either. But then I enjoy Italian horror films which are chock fulla both.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote