Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-13-2015, 06:44 AM   #31
mysiak
mysiak began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 626
I've tried the latest version with 4.4 FW and full screen refresh is comparably slower than the "original" CR3. Any idea what's the reason behind it please? Wrong settings (I did not change them during app replacement), FW incompatibility or maybe some bug?
Thanks
mysiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:40 AM   #32
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysiak View Post
I've tried the latest version with 4.4 FW and full screen refresh is comparably slower than the "original" CR3. Any idea what's the reason behind it please? Wrong settings (I did not change them during app replacement), FW incompatibility or maybe some bug?
Thanks
I don't see why would that happen. I don't feel like it's being slow.

Update:
Quote:
0.0.6-16-9:
- Now in FW5 book cover is properly set as power of logo too (thanks to pal @ the-ebook.org)
- Added initial FW5 skin - useful for 758x1024 screens (got bigger buttons)
- When words are touched in dictionary list it automaticaly goes to the full description (instead of just selecting the line).
- Smaller binaries
- From now on I'll host the packages on Dropbox.
- Made different builds for FW4 and FW5 although I think it shouldn't be needed.
If you have FW4 please try the FW5 binary too. I'd like to know if it works with both firmwares.
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2015, 01:07 PM   #33
j0r13n
Enthusiast
j0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post

If you have FW4 please try the FW5 binary too. I'd like to know if it works with both firmwares.
FW5 binary doesn't work on FW4.4...

The pbfw626fw5 skin is a F A N T A S T I C update!

Minor issue: looks like you forgot the TOC: it still uses a part of the old skin accompanied by an awful narrow touch zone.
j0r13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 01:14 PM   #34
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

It's just an initial release. Further development will come.

Thanks for testing the FW5 binary.

Edit: New changes:
Quote:
0.0.6-16-10:
- Removed status bar in skin pb626fw5
- Changed dictionary icons in skin pb626fw5
Check screenshots for the changes.

EDIT:
It seems like the TOC is actually opened through a system function which has nothing to do with the CR3 skins.

Last edited by brucelee; 03-15-2015 at 04:56 AM.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:22 AM   #35
j0r13n
Enthusiast
j0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura about

brucelee,

Every new build it looks more promising!

Keep up the good stuff!

It looks like the frontlight adaption doesn't work well with rotated display. When rotated 90 or 270 degrees, calling the frontlight ánd afterwards calling the menu will results in a garbled display. When rotated 180 degrees calling the frontlight will flip the display to rotate to 0 degrees; hereby the menu shows normal but the underlying tap zones are still 180 degrees rotated.

When using the normal hardware keys the frontlight will work as should, also with rotated display. Also, luckely you're system bar adaption do works well in this regard.

When peeking around (PB626 FW4.4), it looks like the hardware keys use the following arguments: @KA_flct and @KA_flgh, or to be precise...

@KA_flct=@KA_flgh_brightness
@KA_flgh=Frontlight On/Off
@KA_flgh_brightness=Frontlight brightness

Maybe you can use it to our benefit!
Advert
Old 03-15-2015, 10:08 AM   #36
mysiak
mysiak began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 626
Quote:
I don't see why would that happen. I don't feel like it's being slow.
Tried the new version again and this time it seems faster. But maybe it's just my feeling as I don't know how to measure or capture the refresh. So probably only false alarm, sorry for that

Is there any chance that you could adapt dictionary search as in original Adobe or FB reader - long press on a word to show the matching record in dictionary? This is probably the only thing which I miss from otherwise useless Adobe reader.
Thanks!
mysiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 11:17 AM   #37
brucelee
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0r13n View Post
It looks like the frontlight adaption doesn't work well with rotated display.
That's probably because the front light window is another application launched from system.
I'll see if I can do anything about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysiak View Post
long press on a word to show the matching record in dictionary
I'll put that on the to do list.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:46 PM   #38
j0r13n
Enthusiast

Looks like there's an issue with the pb626fw5 skin.

When you call a menu setting and set a value on the last page, you afterwards can't set a value on an earlier page further than items available on the last page of this menu item.

Confusing? You won't be after the next episode of Soap

Suppose you have 3 pages of fonts and the last page contains 4 items; when you select on of the fonts on the last page you can't select another font on page 1 or 2 beyond the first four fonts at either page. When you exit Cool Reader solves the issue: afterwards you can select all fonts again...
Old 03-16-2015, 11:15 PM   #39
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@brucelee, I think I've fixed the issue reported by j0r13n. Could you please merge and check if it does help?
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:13 AM   #40
brucelee
Addict

I made the change but I'll push the code later.

Edit: New version
Quote:
0.0.6-16-11:
- Pro is compiled with PB_DB_STATE_SUPPORTED
- Pro is compiled with BACKGROUND_CACHE_FILE_CREATION
- Added font gamma steps: 2.5, 4.0
- Added screen update steps: 7 pages, 9 pages
- Applied pkb's patch to fix settings item selection
- Force black/white updates only, in settings for skin pb626fw5 (it's quite speedy now)

Edit: New version:
Quote:
0.0.6-16-12:
- Added tap action: Open system panel (FW5 only - opens extended system panel)
- Added tap action: Lock device
- Added tap action: Tasks list
- Skin pb626fw5: Removed useless files from package
- Skin pb626fw5: Increased contrast in some images
- Proper setting of flags when compiling

Last edited by brucelee; 03-17-2015 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:57 AM   #41
RUSsiya90
RUSsiya90 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook touch 2 lux (626)
1. please have the opportunity to work with text in koolredere in fbreadere. (Highlight, pencil, eraser, underline using touch input)

Last edited by RUSsiya90; 03-18-2015 at 12:00 PM.
RUSsiya90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:26 PM   #42
brucelee
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSsiya90 View Post
1. please have the opportunity to work with text in koolredere in fbreadere. (Highlight, pencil, eraser, underline using touch input)
I suppose you're talking about a notes feature.

That would be interesting to implement but I think it's a very time consuming task. I'll consider it. Hopefully it will be easier than I expect.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:39 PM   #43
RUSsiya90
RUSsiya90 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook touch 2 lux (626)
Quote:
I suppose you're talking about a notes feature.

That would be interesting to implement but I think it's a very time consuming task. I'll consider it. Hopefully it will be easier than I expect.
Thank you very much for a long time waiting for this opportunity, please do hope that you will be able to realize (I do not speak English, but you understand me, thank you very much very happy for understanding)
RUSsiya90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 04:09 PM   #44
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
If you wanted to implement note-taking the same way that PocketBook does, then it probably wouldn't be too bad. They have functions for that within their SDK. The drawback is that those notes aren't really that portable to other devices or applications.

Being able to embed the annotations into the original document would be great, but that would be a gargantuan task. Each different kind of document would do annotation in its own way, if at all.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 07:38 AM   #45
j0r13n
Enthusiast

Thanks brucelee for the new build (and pkbo for the fix)!

If I just could code like you guys! The only slightest possible contribution which lies within my limited possibilities is to point you guys if there are IMHO areas of improvement. So please, don't see me as a moaner...

• Still my greatest gripe lies within the buffering of the tap-actions which often result in unintended actions.
  • RUSsiya90 opted for a notes implementation but - although not the same - there's already a cite possibility in Cool Reader. Unfortunately it doesn't work correct. In picture 1 you can see it's some kind of scrambled; you can't use it as should and can't leave the cite dialog other than stopping Cool Reader.
    The v0.0.6-11 version of Cool Reader does work well in this respect (picture 2), but only in portrait display mode.

Some cosmetic suggestions:
  • In 2 pages landscape mode it would be a nice addition to add a thin separator line between the to pages (pictur 3 vs picture 4)
  • Just nitpicking: text in menu's is cut off at the extreme right side (picture 5). Maybe it's a heritage from the regular skin with it's big selecting stripes.
As alway: keep up the good stuff!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 1.bmp (380.1 KB, 680 views)
File Type: bmp 2.bmp (380.1 KB, 616 views)
File Type: bmp 3.bmp (379.1 KB, 653 views)
File Type: bmp 4.bmp (379.1 KB, 648 views)
File Type: bmp 5.bmp (380.1 KB, 625 views)