Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-07-2016, 03:28 PM   #121
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I have attached an update to the B&N plugin that should fix the corrupted/duplicated author name problem. It appears to work for me, but could use further testing.
I ran through 40 books and saw none of the duplicated author names. Thanks!
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 03:13 PM   #122
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Since the fix I created (post #119) appears to work, I would like to request the help of a moderator to get it moved to the first post of this thread.

(Besides replacing the plugin zip file, the Version History also needs to be modified to list version 1.2.14 first so that the update will be made available to those who already have the plugin installed.)

Thanks!
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:55 PM   #123
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Since the fix I created (post #119) appears to work, I would like to request the help of a moderator to get it moved to the first post of this thread.

(Besides replacing the plugin zip file, the Version History also needs to be modified to list version 1.2.14 first so that the update will be made available to those who already have the plugin installed.)

Thanks!
Done

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:40 PM   #124
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Done
Thank you!
Old 08-20-2017, 09:46 PM   #125
rhester72
rhester72 began at the beginning.

It appears that the B&N site has been redesigned (again) - any hope of a compatible plugin?

Rodney
rhester72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:16 AM   #126
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Completely unable to download metadata from Barnes & Noble. Can this be fixed?
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:31 AM   #127
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhester72 View Post
It appears that the B&N site has been redesigned (again) - any hope of a compatible plugin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoFriend View Post
Completely unable to download metadata from Barnes & Noble. Can this be fixed?
I fixed this plugin the last couple of times that B&N changed their website. I no longer use it and have no desire to work on it again.

Someone else will have to step up now.

Last edited by jhowell; 09-04-2017 at 09:56 AM.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:08 AM   #128
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I fixed this plugin the last couple of times that B&N changed their website. I no longer use it and have no desire to work on it again.

Someone else will have to step up now.
What source do you use instead for good metadata?
Old 09-05-2017, 08:40 AM   #129
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoFriend View Post
What source do you use instead for good metadata?
I mostly use Amazon and Goodreads.
Old 04-21-2018, 03:27 PM   #130
changhuapeng
changhuapeng can program the VCR without an owner's manual.changhuapeng can program the VCR without an owner's manual.changhuapeng can program the VCR without an owner's manual.changhuapeng can program the VCR without an owner's manual.changhuapeng can program the VCR without an owner's manual.changhuapeng can program the VCR without an owner's manual.changhuapeng can program the VCR without an owner's manual.changhuapeng can program the VCR without an owner's manual.changhuapeng can program the VCR without an owner's manual.changhuapeng can program the VCR without an owner's manual.changhuapeng can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

I have updated the plugin and got it working again. For now, I have disabled the feature to append the TOC from the website for a book to the comments. This is because B&N do not standardise the TOC format on its website and I have no proper unified way to retrieve them. Other than that, everything else seem to be working fine from all my tests.

The plugin version number has been bumped to 1.2.15 and I have attached the modified version here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Barnes & Noble.zip (15.4 KB, 299 views)
changhuapeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:38 PM   #131
tweebee
Enthusiast
tweebee doesn't littertweebee doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsxwdc View Post
I have updated the plugin and got it working again. For now, I have disabled the feature to append the TOC from the website for a book to the comments. This is because B&N do not standardise the TOC format on its website and I have no proper unified way to retrieve them. Other than that, everything else seem to be working fine from all my tests.

The plugin version number has been bumped to 1.2.15 and I have attached the modified version here.
Works great, thank you so much!
tweebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:43 AM   #132
GeckoFriend
Guru

Thank you very much for updating this plugin.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:17 AM   #133
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsxwdc View Post

Thank you very much for it, it works very good for covers.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:48 AM   #134
AnitainTN
Member, Nooks Anonymous
AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.

Device: SGTS2-8, Nook Color
Many thanks!!!

Thank you, qsxwdc! BN's a good source for covers and metadata.

AnitainTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 11:35 AM   #135
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
I have ported the B&N mededata plugin to python 3

Version number is 1.2.16

bernie

-- Zip moved to first post

Last edited by chaley; 10-04-2020 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Moved zip file to first post (released)
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote