Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-13-2010, 02:39 PM   #16
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexnib View Post
I am currently waiting for a replacement Kobo as the display on mine inexplicably went "wrong" (lower half did not display correctly). Took it back to Borders - they asked if I'd dropped it - I hadn't, but reading Ea's post above makes me wonder whether my dogs might have stepped on the screen. They are well-fed (though not fat!) chihuahuas I'm glad Borders are not arguing with me though. (we could have gone on and on: "You dropped it!" "I didn't!" "You must have!" "I swear I haven't dropped it!" etc).
They are highly probable suspects! IMHO It's great that they'll replace it for you. Current e-ink screens are a bit fragile (more than most other gadgets) - we are all looking forward to plastic-based screens

I prefer to use my e-readers without a cover, so while I don't have any free-ranging animals in my home, I've still trained myself to my e-reader down back-side up so as to at least provide a little protection is case I should clumsily put something heavy on top of it. Might happen.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:37 PM   #17
flexnib
flexnib began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Sony PRS-T2, PRS 950, PRS 350
Ea, I have learned my lesson. From now on I will be very careful where I leave my Kobo.

I can't wait until I get my replacement!
flexnib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:02 AM   #18
JPenguin
Connoisseur
JPenguin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo EReader, Kobo for Palm Pre
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryH View Post
I have one question .. We have had some warm weather here in Canada .. all over ... how would the Kobo do sitting in a stinking hot car and the flip side in out bitter cold winters

Harry
You really want to avoid leaving the Kobo in a hot car, it hasn't caused major problems for my Kobo but I think it is the reason for it having 2 hairline cracks and feeling less sturdy than it used to. I believe it may have also powered itself off or even crashed in intense heat.

When I first got my Kobo I was very impressed with how sturdy the Kobo was, there was virtually no flex or twist in the plastic case. I had let my brother borrow it while he was waiting for his black Kobo to arrive and it would stay in his car while he was at work. After his black Kobo arrived I did notice that it flexed and twisted a bit more. A couple weeks ago I also noticed 2 very faint hairline cracks in the casing on each side of the Kobo logo. It's still completely functional and the hairline cracks are invisible in most light so I don't worry about it too much since it now spends most of the time on my nightstand since I work from home and have no commute.
JPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote