Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-10-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Just ordered my PRS-900. Share experiences.

I just ordered my PRS-900 on 9 Dec 2009. After the purchase I noticed that it will be shipped between 18 Dec 2009 and 5 Jan 2010.

I was informed an email will be sent when it is shipped. I paid for normal 5 day shipping.

Let's share order date, ship date, receipt date and initial comments upon first use.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:30 AM   #2
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
I pre-ordered then canceled. Before I canceled my ship date was the same as yours. My employee partner affiliate discount did not work so I'll wait when it's available. It works with both the PRS-600 ($269) and PRS-300 ($179) but not with PRS-900. I think it's because it's in pre-order status so I'll wait since I'm patient. It should be $349 with the discount and I'll add $49 for the 2 year warranty which will take me back to $399 plus tax.

Last edited by Lilly; 12-10-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I think it's because it's in pre-order status so I'll wait since I'm patient. It should be $349 with the discount and I'll add $49 for the 2 year warranty which will take me back to $399 plus tax.
I'm patient too, order me one also?

Actually I'm waiting until the 18th as well, I need to touch it before I can cough up the $$ for it - although I'm 98% sure I won't have issues.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:45 PM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ship Date Announced - PRS 900

I just went to the Sony Style Store to veiw my order for my PRS 900 and it just added:

Items:

Order Status:
Shipping update

Estimated Ship Date:
12/10/2009

That is ONE day after I placed the order. Let's see if they really honor this ship date. So far I did NOT receive a confirmation email stating it actually was shipped.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:55 PM   #5
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Sirmaru, when you get your 900 I would appreciate it if you post some screen shots of newspaper view, especially if you can do so with the New York Times. I am debating about buying the 900 to replace my 505. My interest is whether I can read my daily NY Times newspaper on it as a newspaper, that is, duplicate somewhat the expericence oif reading the p version.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 06:28 PM   #6
sirmaru
Wizard

NY Times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Sirmaru, when you get your 900 I would appreciate it if you post some screen shots of newspaper view, especially if you can do so with the New York Times. I am debating about buying the 900 to replace my 505. My interest is whether I can read my daily NY Times newspaper on it as a newspaper, that is, duplicate somewhat the expericence oif reading the p version.
I get the NY Times free by email daily so I doubt I will pay for it with the PRS 900. I choose the topics I am interested in and they email it to me every day. I am registered at the NY Times site. They make their money on me by the accompanying ads next to the articles I read. However, if they allow me to download a free sample, I can do it.

However, I will make some photos of it after I receive it in various views of books I read and post them here. I also have a 505 and maybe I'll post comparable shots. My 505 eventually will go to my grandkids.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:55 AM   #7
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I'm seriously thinking about pre-ordering this, but am still not ready to pull the trigger. Hopefully the first one to see/get one will give us a full report.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote