Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-23-2009, 02:03 AM   #1
Imatechie2006
Imatechie2006 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Help please I have a big MESS!

Hi All,

I am hoping that someone can help me out. I ran into a bug or something the last couple of days I saw the problem here that others were having but thankfully Sony's IM support was able to help me well sort of.

I wasn't able to run the Reader Library software. That has been fixed they had me delete the software and database on my PC and reinstall.

I lost my complete database from my PC and couldn't use the backup.

--
Anyway, the problem is I had about 200 books on my reader already and I wanted them within my software library. So I draged and dropped the collections that I had to the Library icon that is on my PC. Problem is that it synced that information to my reader again. So I deleted all the files and collections from the library. Only problem is now I have duplicate blank collection folders on my reader!

I went through explorer and deleted some this but the duplicates collection folders are seen on the menu when I access my reader!

Anyone have this problem and know how I can clean this up?

Thank you and hope this made since.

Imatechie2006
Imatechie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:51 AM   #2
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Okay, so, did you rescue all your books off of your reader? I ask because the easiest way to get your reader cleaned up is probably to format the internal memory; this will remove all books and collections from your reader.

To do this go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Format Internal Memory.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2009, 05:45 AM   #3
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
The collections are held in meta-data, so the other options would be to:
* View the reader using the Sony software, 'expand' the reader & manually delete them there
* Install Calibre (you're probably going to want to at least evaluate it as an alternative to the Sony software at some stage) and use that to send some books to the device, as I think that it might clean out any empty collections for you - Not 100% sure of that though there's no harm in trying as long as you don't use at the same time as the Sony software. (Just eject & reconnect the device when swapping between the two programs)
* Just for completeness, you could manually edit the XML file on the device to remove them too, but that's more risky if you get something wrong as if you do, it may recreate the file and lose you your bookmarks & 'last page' settings.

Last edited by gwynevans; 09-23-2009 at 05:47 AM.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote