Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-05-2018, 08:03 AM   #1
lo134
lo134 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Onyx Boox Max 2: Where is the best place to purchase? Is there a difference?

Hello, I am new to the forum, although over the years I have read the discussions with great interest.

I am interested in purchasing the Onyx Boox Max2. I see that there are multiple places that I could purchase it (e.g., ereader store, amazon.ca (I am in Canada), www.ectaco.com...etc.)

I am most familiar with purchasing from amazon.ca, just because I have purchased there many time before. But I am concerned / confused about potential differences of the units from the difference places (e.g., booxtor version vs. Chinese retail version...etc.).

Is the hardware and / or software with the Onyx Boox Max2 different depending on the location of purchase? Are they subsequently interchangable (e.g., can I install booxtor version updates to the amazon.ca version?), is there are superior version?

Any advice / guidance will be greatly appreciated.
lo134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:40 AM   #2
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Don't know about differing versions and compatibility... However, I am also in Canada, and bought my original Max and my Boox Note from the ereader.store in Germany. Would do so again without hesitation.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2018, 09:29 PM   #3
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
Same hardware.

For Max1, there were some booxtor-modified systems.

For Max2 and Note, same system with different interface languages. The difference comes with which language you have chosen. If you choose Chinese as your default language, you can get more apps such as some Chinese domestic comic apps, and you might get the latest version of system several days earlier than the English version.
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 01:38 PM   #4
Drew22
Connoisseur
Drew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Onyx Boox MAX
The Ereader store from Germany offers 2 years warranty to its customers and the owner is serious about it. He is a software engineer working with Onyx for years to improve their products, and you can talk to him whenever you have a problem, even long after the warranty is due. I bought from him an M96, Max, Max Carta and Max2, as they came and the ereader store service was excellent.

Besides, on Amazon you receive only 1 year of warranty, as far as I know.
Drew22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 05:55 PM   #5
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
I bought from ereaderstore, but part of my reasons was that it was located in Europe and I knew there would be no additional taxes to pay (plus, I was more confident about warranty coming from a Europe-based retailer); buying from Canada might be a different story.
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2018, 06:33 AM   #6
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew22 View Post
The Ereader store from Germany offers 2 years warranty to its customers and the owner is serious about it. He is a software engineer working with Onyx for years to improve their products, and you can talk to him whenever you have a problem, even long after the warranty is due. I bought from him an M96, Max, Max Carta and Max2, as they came and the ereader store service was excellent.

Besides, on Amazon you receive only 1 year of warranty, as far as I know.
I confirm. I've bought my M92 and my Max2 on https://ereader.store/en/ with success. I'm happy with the quality of the support. Yes, even if sometimes the delay to get a reply is just a little long
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
booxtor, ereader store, onyx boox max 2