Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
elorusso
elorusso began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paper white
Converting .cbc to MOBI using Calibre

Hi,
I have a folder with multiple cbz files and a comics.txt file encoded in UTF-8 in the same format that is described in the caliber users manual. I zipped the folder and renamed it to make a cbc file. However when I try to convert it to a MOBI using calibre it gives me the error:

ValueError: C:\Users\eric\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_gbyrey\5w ibvl.cbc is not a valid comic collection no comics.txt was found in the file

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
elorusso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by elorusso View Post
Hi,
I have a folder with multiple cbz files and a comics.txt file encoded in UTF-8 in the same format that is described in the caliber users manual. I zipped the folder and renamed it to make a cbc file. However when I try to convert it to a MOBI using calibre it gives me the error:

ValueError: C:\Users\eric\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_gbyrey\5w ibvl.cbc is not a valid comic collection no comics.txt was found in the file

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Did you zip the folder, or did you zip all the files in the folder? I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I think you're supposed to zip all the files (go into the folder, select all, then zip).

You can check to see if the cbc file is valid by trying to open it with the Calibre viewer.
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert