Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
pastorjamie
pastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Nook
Docx to Epub... NO TEXT!

I've been considering swathing from my Kindle Paperwhite (1st Gen) to the Kobo Aura HD. I've got over 4,000 books in my personal digital library that I can convert to epub.

After taking the text, copying it into Pages for Max, exporting as Docx, adding the book to Calibre and converting to epbu...there isn't any text! What's up?

I re-ran the wizard to choose Kobo Auro HD. What am I missing?

I've also opened the book in iBooks and, again, no text, no pages.

Help. Please.

(And any advice on Kobo Auro HD versus Kindle Paperwhite would also be awesome).
pastorjamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Why don't you cut out the 'middle man' - Pages - and convert the AZW/MOBI files you already have direct to ePUB ?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #3
pastorjamie
pastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of light

Because they are in another proprietary format.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
calibre can convert from azw3, proprietary format means nothing.

Now, if you mean they are locked with DRM, then that's another story. calibre cannot convert an azw3 it is incapable of reading, and it doesn't have a decryption module provided by amazon such that calibre is an authorized Kindle App.

Assuming that's what you mean, I suggest you google Apprentice Alf and fix that immediately.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #5
pastorjamie

The proprietary format is Logos Bible. I'm able to copy and paste into Pages. Pages export to Word (docx). Docx to Calibre.

I did find a work around: Pages export to ePub. ePub to Calibre for better formatting.
Advert
Old 12-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
So it was never on your paperwhite to begin with?

I was assuming if you're switching from PW to Kobo Aura, the book is on your PW, hence it is in azw3 format, hence my advice. If you are trying to convert from a software program to epub, that's kinda difficult....

I do know there is a Logos Bible available as a Kindle book.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote