Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-17-2018, 05:08 AM   #1
pleiadesc
Enthusiast
pleiadesc began at the beginning.

Device: none
How does calibre library update metadata?

Hello,

I'm wondering how does calibre library update metadata? does it need to have the books available? I would like to bring calibre library on a flash drive with me to check the books and maybe update the metadata if allowed, its because the flash drive is small, I wont be able to bring all the books.

I'm using the portable version of calibre and read somewhere about a way to separate the database and the library. will this work?

THanks
pleiadesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:51 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A
You could bring an Empty Book Library (A Library with no formats), make changes, then replace the original metadata.db

But this is a really tedious and perilous method.
Absolutely NO changes that affect Title or Authors (affects the folder paths)

Consider a USB pocket drive. You should be able to find older (smaller) models pretty cheap (down in the price range of 32G flash) and a lot faster)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:13 PM   #3
pleiadesc
Enthusiast
pleiadesc began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you theducks! I will buy a bigger flash drive.
pleiadesc is offline   Reply With Quote