Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-17-2005, 01:38 PM   #16
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
I've recently begun using Bloglines and find that it's a very good solution and it's FREE. I'm a light user, and I like having the same settings at home and at work. Their server is a bit slow, but not terrible. It's certainly a lot faster than the invitation-only rojo.com, which I found too slow to be functional at all. The Bloglines interface is also pretty simple and makes it easy to clip or email entries that you're interested in.
ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 09:44 AM   #17
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatz
I've recently begun using Bloglines and find that it's a very good solution and it's FREE. I'm a light user, and I like having the same settings at home and at work. Their server is a bit slow, but not terrible. It's certainly a lot faster than the invitation-only rojo.com, which I found too slow to be functional at all. The Bloglines interface is also pretty simple and makes it easy to clip or email entries that you're interested in.
I agree, the Royo.com server is way to slow to be useful right now.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:17 AM   #18
JonM
JonM began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Treo 600
We have just started a free public preview of a new Java based RSS reader for mobile phones and PDAs. It's called FreeNews and is available at www.freerangeinc.com.

We'd love all feedback!
JonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 02:06 PM   #19
struesda
struesda began at the beginning.

NewisFree

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatz
I'm still trying various ones out, but for a web-based one Newsisfree.com is very good. The free version allows multiple pages, newspaper views, clipping, email notifications, and OMPL import. In addition they have some very unique news views.

Unfortunately you have to pay for the ability to use feeds not in their (huge) directory, but for that you also get OPML export, build your own feed, and some other syndication options that I don't fully understand.

I haven't forked over the $$$ yet, but they are one of the top candidates....

Steve T.
struesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 04:04 AM   #20
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
FeedDemon has recently been acquired by NewsGator.

Right now, it's unclear whether it will continue to be available in standalone form or whether it will be folded into a NewsGator subscription plan. While I still consider FD to be an "essential" app, this new development makes me hesitant to recommend it to new users. I definitely got my money's worth, though. (I bought it about a year ago.)
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 04:38 AM   #21
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I think we (FeedDemon customers) will receive a free NewsGator 2-years subscription plan.

http://nick.typepad.com/blog/2005/05...tor_acqui.html
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 06:19 PM   #22
PSmalley
PSmalley began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 600
Here is a second mention of Hand/RSS (now Quick News) for the PalmOS platform. Seems to work fairly well, though it hijacks the four PALM buttons on one of the views....

I'm still trying out Tiger's Safari RSS...

-Paul
PSmalley is offline   Reply With Quote