Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-19-2016, 11:00 AM   #136
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I don't know what enumeration means. Is it integers columns? Is it because some of the custom columns with numbers don't have any information in them?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 11:02 AM   #137
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Enumeration is the Custom Column datatype. It is called "Text, but with a fixed set of permitted values".
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2016, 11:21 AM   #138
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Which option should I choose when I want to "sync" the changed metadata back to the libraries?
Old 08-19-2016, 11:46 AM   #139
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Your only option is to wait to synch until I have had a chance to change CALM to allow you to safely synch an Enumeration datatype. The key word is "safely", because the Source Custom Columns of that datatype must be identical in all respects, especially including the list of permitted values, to their respective CALM Target Custom Columns. Otherwise, what happened in CALM just now will happen in your 'real' Source Libraries. So, do not synch those Enumeration datatypes until I can change CALM to do it safely and properly. That will take a couple of days.

In the meantime, you can ensure that all of your matching Enumeration Custom Columns in your Source Libraries are identical in all respects (names, description, and valid values).

DaltonST
Old 08-19-2016, 11:49 AM   #140
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I'll take a look at that now.

Thanks for your help, I'm looking forward to the new version
Advert
Old 08-22-2016, 12:05 PM   #141
DaltonST
Deviser

CALM Version 2.0.27 for Tanjamuse to Test

@Tanjamuse:

I have totally re-engineered CALM Custom Columns of datatype 'enumeration', which you call "Text, but with a fixed set of permitted values", per our previous discussion.

I tested CALM with two of your personal libraries that you sent me for testing MCS cross-library custom column duplicates. See the attached image. You will recognize "cloud" and "reading_list".

After running the Generation and then the Consolidation, I switched to the CALM Target Library and changed (via "E" and also via Bulk Edit) the enumeration datatype Custom Column values from what they were to something different. I then synced those Custom Columns back to their Source Libraries using the Metadata Tools Tab of CALM.

Everything works perfectly for me.

Could you confirm that it works for you too?

Please install the attached version of CALM, and do with it want you wish.

If you have any issues, please add all of the following to a .zip and send it to me:

[1] Calibre Debug Log for the configuration of your CALM Target Library and its subsequent Generation.

[2] Picture of your CALM Target Library Custom Columns (Preferences > Add your own columns). Please expand the column widths so their complete values can be seen.

[3] Job Log for the Consolidation.

[4] In text, what exactly is wrong. Please be specific.

If you have no issues, I will release it to everyone.

Thanks.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calm_enumeration_custom_column_examples_version2027.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	151115  

Last edited by DaltonST; 08-22-2016 at 07:26 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:10 PM   #142
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Do I need to create a new CALM library?
Old 08-22-2016, 12:15 PM   #143
DaltonST
Deviser

Extract a fresh one, yes. Then "get" all the source cc's, then generate. Then run consolidation.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:33 PM   #144
Tanjamuse
Wizard

It seems to work so far, I need to know which one under Metadata Tools I have to use to sync the metadata back to the original library?

And is there an option where it syncs all the changed metadata to the original library?
Old 08-22-2016, 12:44 PM   #145
DaltonST
Deviser

Underneath the Metadata Tools Tab is a tool named "Custom Columns".

Select the single Custom Column you wish to sync, and execute. All books in the CALM Target Library will be synced for that Custom Column if and only if their Source Library already has that identical Custom Column. CALM does not add Custom Columns to Source Libraries. So, you could add values for a book for a Custom Column, but if that book's Source Library does not already have that identical Custom Column, then nothing will happen. CALM will just ignore that book entirely for that specific sync execution.

Synchronizing is done via the pushbuttons you see. There is no "sync everything to everywhere" pushbutton.

DaltonST
Old 08-22-2016, 12:53 PM   #146
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Synchronizing is done via the pushbuttons you see. There is no "sync everything to everywhere" pushbutton.
Could there be?

I've tested and it seems to be working as it should. If I come across anything I'll let you know.

Old 08-22-2016, 01:04 PM   #147
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Could there be?
It is prudent to synchronize something via the Metadata Tools Tab and then check the results before synchronizing the next thing.

Note that in the Library Tools Tab, you can synchronize Authors too.

DaltonST
Old 08-22-2016, 01:05 PM   #148
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Ok, I'll experiment

thanks yet again.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:08 AM   #149
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I just tried with two of the libraries I needed to use the plugin on, it has been running in 91 minutes and is still on only 1%.

The stories in total are about 50.000 should it take that long or?

Thanks again
Old 08-23-2016, 10:13 AM   #150
DaltonST
Deviser

The CALM Consolidation Job Log is the first place to go. It will answer your question.

What does the job log say it is doing? How many libraries has it already finished? How many to go? How many total custom columns in the Target Library? How fast is your hard drive? How much RAM do you have?

Tags
calibredb, consolidate, genre, tags