Notices

Old 07-23-2015, 11:21 AM   #1
Kate JR
Connoisseur
Kate JR began at the beginning.

Device: none
How do I attach a picture to a post?

Hello

I'm quite new here and was wondering when I do a promo how to get an image of my book cover in the post. I have tried uploading a very small image and a larger one but nothing happens. I get to the point where it asks me to upload an image from my computer and select it but when I hit 'upload' nothing happens.

Any help gratefully received

Kate JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:17 PM   #2
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
The procedure you described should work, and it does for me -- I just tested it.

How large is the image you're trying to upload? And is it a recognized file type?
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2015, 07:57 AM   #3
Kate JR
Connoisseur

Thanks Cromag
The file size is 573 KB...I did read the post about file size and dimensions but forgot what the dimensions were. I think that could be the problem although usually you get a prompt to say file size is too large. File type = jpeg. It could, of course, be my browser...I shall persevere with another one and see if that works.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:50 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
The best way to do this, without 'reinventing the wheel' (which a lot of authors attempt to do and then I end up deleting their post as spam [as per our Posting Guidelines for self-promotion] due to uploading an image that violates said guidelines) is to simply go to "MANAGE ATTACHMENTS" (after typing in your text in the window ABOVE the named 'MANAGE ATTACHMENTS), and then choose your image.

Here are the steps:

1) Compose your promotional spiel.
2) Go to 'Manage Attachments'.
3) Upload the file from your computer (keeping in mind that a jpg CANNOT EXCEED 1.5 megs).
4) Close the window (the 'Upload File' window)
5) SAVE everything.

That's it. --- Following these instructions, I certainly won't be deleting your thread due to it violating our guidelines (regarding an image, anyway).

And, as you surely know - because you have already read our Posting Guidelines for self-promotion - you are allowed ONE image only (and only in post #1) unless the cover of your book changes.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-24-2015 at 11:53 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 02:47 PM   #5
Kate JR
Connoisseur

Smile

Thanks...I realized I was doing everything right it was my browser that was at fault. When I tried in another browser all was well
Advert
Old 10-20-2021, 02:34 PM   #6
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kobo: Forma + Libra|Galaxy: TAB A7 + Note 8 tablet|Boox: Note Air 2
If the 'manage attachments' button does not appear (BELOW the writing window), hit 'Go Advanced'

It took me a while to work that out.

Quicklinks (at top right of page)>
User Control Panel >
Pictures & Albums >
Add album >
Upload pictures (or click on the existing pic)

To add to your post:
> Get the BB code >
Paste into your msg

Last edited by LivresInOz; 10-20-2021 at 03:27 PM.
LivresInOz is offline   Reply With Quote