Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-04-2018, 03:52 PM   #1
Trevomader
Trevomader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
PW3 uneven light

Hello guys, just bought a Paperwhite 3 and have problems with uneven light at the bottom.
Is this problem still common to this day or am I just unlucky?
Trevomader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 04:46 PM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Some shadows are normal as the light beams disperse. Turn the light down a bit...
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:13 AM   #3
shiningcat
shiningcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
They only have 4 LEDs so it's somewhat normal.
shiningcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 11:17 AM   #4
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
If it is a problem then you should return it for a Voyage.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 07:17 PM   #5
Trevomader
Trevomader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks for the answers, since it's an old issue i was hoping for better quality control nowadays, but i guess the problem persists to this day.
Also got a "dead" pixel, i guess theres no quality control at all, but since i live in Brazil getting a replacement is going to take a long while, and the replacement can come with worse issues.
I guess i'll have to live with it.
Trevomader is offline   Reply With Quote