Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-03-2020, 04:10 PM   #1
TidusWulf
TidusWulf began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nook Glow+6
Is it possible to make Koreader my default launcher application?

I'm using a Nook BNRV510 (aka The Glow2 aka the GlowLight 6"). I'm rooted and the Koreader app works great. I use the android-arm latest release. The only downside is that when I press HOME on my ereader, it goes to my launcher, RelaunchX. I can launch books from there into Koreader, but I'd really rather just stay in Koreader completely. Can this be done?
TidusWulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 04:39 PM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I suspect there'd be no way except with a fake homescreen app of some sort.

Of course such a thing could theoretically be integrated into KOReader but that sounds like it'd be a bad idea.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2020, 04:47 PM   #3
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TidusWulf View Post
Can this be done?
It is doable but a very bad idea. Better to stick with a proper launcher or find a launcher that does nothing but starts the activity you want (in this case org.koreader.launcher)

Edit: by doable I mean: adding
Code:
<category android:name="android.intent.category.HOME"/>
after the line https://github.com/koreader/android-...t/base.xml#L40 and building from source.

I repeat, very, very bad idea.

Last edited by pazos; 09-03-2020 at 04:51 PM. Reason: some info
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 08:28 PM   #4
TidusWulf
TidusWulf began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nook Glow+6
Thanks for the info, guys. I appreciate it.
TidusWulf is offline   Reply With Quote