Notices

Old 01-19-2009, 04:45 AM   #31
Viacheslav
Connoisseur
Viacheslav doesn't litterViacheslav doesn't litter

Device: iRex DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomega View Post
In the meantime, I have made a new release of irextools. If you have SQLite3 installed (the C version not the O'Caml interface), configure should work now without any arguments.
The 0.3 package finally builds and it merged my test pdf quite well. I even made an RPM for ALTLinux Sisyphus.

The make install target fails complaining about chmod.ml. There is one more complain about missing the apparently optional ocamlfind command (I only have ocamlfind-mini installed).
Attached Files
File Type: txt irextools.spec.txt (1.8 KB, 335 views)

Last edited by Viacheslav; 01-19-2009 at 04:50 AM.
Viacheslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #32
tjdean256
Zealot
tjdean256 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex dr1000s; Pocket edge
Trying to compile irextools 0.3 in Windows XP, but am receiving errors in the configure step. Configure first complains about an undefined reference to 'sqlite3_open' (from the log: /usr/src/irextools-0.3/conftest.c:19: undefined reference to `_sqlite3_open'). Then it says it can't find -lsqlite3 (from the log: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: cannot find -lsqlite3). I dont' know if the next error is related to sqlite but the log indicates a failure to compile CamlPDF. I am working in the Cygwin environment, and I have installed windows version of objective Caml and sqlite. Has anyone been successful in getting the program to run in Windows?
tjdean256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2009, 04:21 PM   #33
thomega
Connoisseur
thomega began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdean256 View Post
Trying to compile irextools 0.3 in Windows XP, but am receiving errors in the configure step. Configure first complains about an undefined reference to 'sqlite3_open'
That means that it doesn't find SQLite3 for a C test program, O'Caml isn't involved yet. Have you tried to set the LDFLAGS environment variable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdean256 View Post
I dont' know if the next error is related to sqlite but the log indicates a failure to compile CamlPDF.
That's separate. CamlPDF doesn't need SQLite3. Have you installed zlib? AFIAK, that's the only library CamlPDF uses.
thomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:00 PM   #34
tjdean256
Zealot
tjdean256 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex dr1000s; Pocket edge
Well I got the paths straightened and configure finds sqlite and I think I have zlib (zlib.h?) installed but I am now receiving an error from the DOS shell of XP: "The NTDVM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction" when configure executes the line

ocamlc -c "cc" -copt "-fPIC -DPIC _DNATIVE -o zlibstubs.o " zlibstubs.c

My research on the error suggests that ocamlc is making a memory request outside the 1MB boundary XP gives 16-bit programs or that ocamlc is trying to directly access hardware. I tried forcing the 32-bit DOS shell and starting cygwin within that but received the same error. If this is indeed a system error I guess I am stuck. Any ideas?

td
tjdean256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:18 AM   #35
ghostwheel
Zealot
ghostwheel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DBoox Max,Galaxy note 10.1 & 3,LE1700 tablet,sony PRS-500,iRex DR1000S
Problem with umlauts

I managed to compile and run the program on my Mac (Leopard). Thank you!
Now I can join my scribbles.

The Program seems to have a problem when the filenames contain umlauts (such as öäü): ism does not find scribbles, and "irext ls" doesn't list the file - even though it is in the database (I can see it in a database browser).
ghostwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2009, 07:48 AM   #36
thomega
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostwheel View Post
I managed to compile and run the program on my Mac (Leopard). Thank you!
You're welcome. Could you make a binary distribution for other Mac users? I could host it on ocamlforge.
Quote:
The Program seems to have a problem when the filenames contain umlauts (such as öäü).
Thanks or pointing that out. I never noticed, because I acquired the habit of avoiding non-7bit-ASCII characters in filenames a long time ago. It sounds like a mismatch of character encondings used in the filesystem and database interfaces. I'll try to reproduce (and fix) it under Linux.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:33 AM   #37
ghostwheel
Zealot

Quote:
You're welcome. Could you make a binary distribution for other Mac users? I could host it on ocamlforge.
Yes, sure. One problem is that the binary uses some libraries, which will require users to install some stuff. Do you know if it is possible to compile "statically" with ocamlc, so that everything needed is included in the binary?
Old 02-06-2009, 03:53 AM   #38
thomega
Connoisseur

Quote:
Do you know if it is possible to compile "statically" with ocamlc, so that everything needed is included in the binary?
Yep: either ocamlc -custom -ccopt -static (assuming that the C compiller / linker understands -static) to create a custom bytecode interpreter including all the libs or ocamlopt -ccopt -static for native binaries that include everything. The latter is usually the way to go.

Just edit the definitions of OCAMLC and OCAMLOPT in the Makefile and recompile from scratch.

Is there a danger that commercial libraries will be linked that may not be redistributed?
Old 02-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #39
ghostwheel
Zealot

Quote:
Yep: either ocamlc -custom -ccopt -static (assuming that the C compiller / linker understands -static) to create a custom bytecode interpreter including all the libs or ocamlopt -ccopt -static for native binaries that include everything. The latter is usually the way to go.

Just edit the definitions of OCAMLC and OCAMLOPT in the Makefile and recompile from scratch.
I tried that, and got an error. I think it missing some non-dynamic library. I have to try to investigate more....

Quote:
Is there a danger that commercial libraries will be linked that may not be redistributed?
Yes, there is. I'm compiling with Xcode for OSX, I'm not sure what the rules are.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:40 PM   #40
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Ghostwheel,
I really hope you do manage to do a MAC compile as I have given up truing to understand how to get it to work as it stands. I do edge further each time but no real progress.

regards
Howard
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:32 PM   #41
gatto_mannaro
gatto_mannaro began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
Ghostwheel,
I really hope you do manage to do a MAC compile
Me too :-)
I really hope that you can solve these problems because I was not able to compile it by myself! :-)
gatto_mannaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:19 AM   #42
ghostwheel
Zealot

Quote:

I tried both, and couldn't get them to work. The latter has this error
Code:
Cannot find file sqlite3.cmxa
when I did "make ism.opt"
just "make all" did not use ocamlopt at all.

The first complained about lcrt.0 or so.

So, I tried to do without....:
Attached is a small app I made from irextools. You can drop one or more PDFs into it, and it will join the scribbles, or you can drop a directory or a metadata.db file into it, and it will list all the files to see which ones have scribbles.
It also contains the binaries for irext and ism if you want to use it from the command line.

I included also the libraries that are needed, but I'm not sure if it will work. I haven't managed to change the location where the binaries look for libraries.
If it doesn't work, but you'd like it to, you can install fink, and then install
sqlite3-shlibs and libncurses5-shlibs
(either from FinkCommander or by doing
sudo apt-get install sqlite3-shlibs libncurses5-shlibs)

Quote:
In the current version, no. It only includes non-comercial libs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip irextool.app.zip (953.0 KB, 477 views)

Last edited by ghostwheel; 02-08-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #43
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Ghostwheel.

that works well, the only real issue is that when I run the app, It says it is processing the file, but never tells you it has finished it, even though it has. Otherwise , excellent to coin a phrase, well wicked :-)
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #44
ghostwheel
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
the only real issue is that when I run the app, It says it is processing the file, but never tells you it has finished it, even though it has.
You're right. Annoyed me, too! Fixed now.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:59 AM   #45
Angela Fabregues
Angela Fabregues began at the beginning.

Device: Irex 1000 S
It works well. This is easy now. Thank you!
Angela Fabregues is offline   Reply With Quote