Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-27-2008, 04:46 AM   #1
cirocco
cirocco began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
repair cost

Hi
My PSR-500 freezes after few days of working, it can be reanimated but after that works again only few days. It always starts with the same "last page read", it looks like it resets itself to some previous state.
I guess it should be repaired, but it is about 6 months old and is past full warranty time. As I do not live in USA I wonder how much such a repair can cost, I would like to know if it will be cheaper than a new reader :-)
Maybe someone can guess and estimate the cost?
cirocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:52 AM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
First, try mains recharging overnight; also a soft reset.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2008, 10:29 AM   #3
cirocco
cirocco began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
First, try mains recharging overnight; also a soft reset.
Thanks for your reply, I can revive it using ten times reset and uploading flash, but after that it works only few days and freezes again. I think it happened first time when I allowed the battery to discharge completely for the first time, after that it never returned back to normal.
Now I am considering if it is worth to repair.
cirocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:46 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You won't be able to have it repaired unless you have a friend in the US to whom it can be shipped. You'll be able to send it to Sony yourself, but they will only return it to a US address. This is the problem one has when buying a Sony outside the US.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote