Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-05-2016, 06:38 PM   #151
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quick question...

If I download a CSV with the titles, author's, and dates, which do I sort on so that the dates won't trip it up?

I have multiple CSV's that I made from copy and paste from my "manage content and devices" page on Amazon, they are pretty easy and offer a better add date than anything else (especially if I lost the originals) but I can't remember which order to load the lists and what kind of sort order do I do in the CSV through Excel before saving it to load.

Also, I forgot if I need to have my Calibre columns sorted a special way as well....

I can say right now that the date that the list is supposed to populate is wide open, and the list won't have any duplicates so there won't be a problem with that.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 06:52 PM   #152
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The only date IMPORTED is Published, so it is not 'wide open'
Date and Last_Modified belong to the DB (system).
This PI does not populate custom columns
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2016, 07:26 PM   #153
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The only date IMPORTED is Published, so it is not 'wide open'
Date and Last_Modified belong to the DB (system).
This PI does not populate custom columns
According to the feature list, it can populate custom columns. I assume it works, but I don't remember if I have tried it or not.

But, the order of the records in the CSV shouldn't matter. It is matching the records to the books in calibre (or creating new ones) and then updating the metadata from the record. If the matched record has a date, then that is what should be in the appropriate column in calibre after the update.

Rellwood: If what you want is to set the "Date" column in calibre to the "Purchased Date", or some other date, from the Amazon page, then you won't be able to do it. The "Date" column is the "added to calibre" date and is set by calibre when it first sees the book. To keep other dates, (purchase, last read, downloaded etc.) you will need custom columns.

Or have I missed what you are trying to do?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 07:39 PM   #154
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Whilst the Date column is set to Now when a book is added, it can be changed by the user and effectively 'repurposed' e.g. to last read date. So I don't know why this PI can't import it. Maybe at one time it couldn't be changed, but it's been changeable for the 3-4 years I've been using calibre. And...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post

Main Features of v1.1.5
  • Import lists of books from Clipboard, CSV files or websites.
  • Choose from over 100 predefined websites and/or add your own configurations.
  • Import into standard fields, identifiers or custom columns
  • Option to update metadata of existing books
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 07:55 PM   #155
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Whilst the Date column is set to Now when a book is added, it can be changed by the user and effectively 'repurposed' e.g. to last read date. So I don't know why this PI can't import it. Maybe at one time it couldn't be changed, but it's been changeable for the 3-4 years I've been using calibre. And...
Well, that's embarrassing. I always think of the Date column as unchangeable, but it obviously can be changed.

As the the plugin, I don't know. At the moment, I'm not somewhere that I can do any testing or look at the code.
Advert
Old 06-18-2016, 09:04 PM   #156
r_mcgee
r_mcgee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app
I need some help please.

I am getting an error and can get any lists from the web. The error I have is
Quote:
calibre, version 2.59.0
ERROR: Failed to download page: Failed to download page:
Failed to run load_page_in_browser
Any predefined site I have tried and ones I have tried of my own all give the same error when I try to preview. I haven't done anything that I'm aware of but updating calibre since the last time I tried loading a list from the web. It has been a few weeks since the last time I used the plugin. So what am I doing wrong? Is there something I need to fix or change?
r_mcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 11:11 PM   #157
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Apparently there has been a change in calibre recently with something that the plugin uses. Luckily, it wasn't a hard thing to fix. Attached is a beta version that seems to work here. It should work for all versions of calibre. It also has a fix for a problem I noticed a while ago with dropping a URL or file in the URL field of the Web Page tab.

Please test and tell me if it works. If it does, I'll arrange for it to be released.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Import List-beta.zip (116.8 KB, 220 views)
Old 06-19-2016, 04:23 AM   #158
r_mcgee

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Apparently there has been a change in calibre recently with something that the plugin uses. Luckily, it wasn't a hard thing to fix. Attached is a beta version that seems to work here. It should work for all versions of calibre. It also has a fix for a problem I noticed a while ago with dropping a URL or file in the URL field of the Web Page tab.

Please test and tell me if it works. If it does, I'll arrange for it to be released.
It seems to work for me. I can at least get to the predefined sites and load the list from them. I still can't get it to do a strip from another site but I don't get the same error I was before. I'm pretty sure my problem now is just "operator error". I'm doing something wrong I just don't know what. I thought I had enough figured out to try but I'm missing something.

Thank you for your quick response and fix davidfor
Old 06-19-2016, 09:02 AM   #159
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_mcgee View Post
It seems to work for me. I can at least get to the predefined sites and load the list from them.
Good to hear it is working.
Quote:
I still can't get it to do a strip from another site but I don't get the same error I was before. I'm pretty sure my problem now is just "operator error". I'm doing something wrong I just don't know what. I thought I had enough figured out to try but I'm missing something.
You're trying to add a new site? What's the error you are seeing? It might be something you are doing or a problem still with the changes. And the URL for the site would help so that I can try it here.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:26 PM   #160
r_mcgee

Sorry I didn't notice your last response sooner.

the error I get now when I try to preview is
Quote:
calibre, version 2.59.0
ERROR: Failed to download page: Failed to download page:
'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xc2 in position 3046: invalid continuation byte
The position number changes depending on the page I'm trying but will always stay the same for the same page.

And the site is literotica.com member submission pages. one example
Old 06-23-2016, 10:13 PM   #161
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Sorry I didn't notice your last response sooner.

the error I get now when I try to preview is

The position number changes depending on the page I'm trying but will always stay the same for the same page.

And the site is literotica.com member submission pages. one example
Is this for an already defined import? If so, can you export the settings and post them.

Are you creating it on the "Web Page" tab? If the latter, was it able to retrieve the page source and display that?
Old 06-24-2016, 09:40 AM   #162
r_mcgee

it is not a predefined import.
under the web page tab. and no it wont load any of the data. when I hit preview it gives me the error. after the error the source html field is still blank.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:24 AM   #163
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
it is not a predefined import.
under the web page tab. and no it wont load any of the data. when I hit preview it gives me the error. after the error the source html field is still blank.
I thought so and did some testing. The error is when the page source is decoded. Looking at things, I don't think this is needed with the way the page is now retrieved. The attached beta version should fix this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Import List-beta.zip (116.8 KB, 192 views)
Old 06-25-2016, 11:32 AM   #164
r_mcgee

Ok I think its working now. I can get the page's to load now. I can get it to fill in some of the fields I want but not all. But I'm assuming it's because I can't get the xpath right. I hate to just ask someone else to do it for me so I'm still trying to work out what I need to fix with the xpath on the others.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:30 PM   #165
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ok I think its working now. I can get the page's to load now. I can get it to fill in some of the fields I want but not all. But I'm assuming it's because I can't get the xpath right. I hate to just ask someone else to do it for me so I'm still trying to work out what I need to fix with the xpath on the others.
Good to hear it is working. At least to the next step. Attached is a settings file for the site. I did most of it while I was testing the changes. It seems to work, but I haven't done any real testing.

Last edited by davidfor; 07-22-2020 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Removed old beta.

Tags
column types