Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-03-2016, 09:21 PM   #361
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Thanks, Freeshadow. I see that ACBF has a Coverpage attribute, but I didn't see anything similar for the other formats. I don't have any experience with comicbook metadata, so if anyone has some practical suggestions, I would be happy to hear them.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:57 PM   #362
d3xMachina
d3xMachina began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 840
There is no defined standard for metadatas in cbz. There are different implementations.

For ACBF I found that: http://acbf.wikia.com/wiki/ACBF_Specifications

Fçr ComicRack you have an example here(xml stored as a file named ComicInfo.xml) : https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/ComicRack

And for ComicBookInfo (json stored as a zip comment there): https://code.google.com/p/comicbookinfo/wiki/Example

I'm not sure what metadatas Calibre is able to read from cbz archives, but I'm pretty sure there are plugins for that thought.
d3xMachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2016, 04:17 AM   #363
AdmiralAnimE
AdmiralAnimE is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.AdmiralAnimE is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.AdmiralAnimE is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.AdmiralAnimE is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.AdmiralAnimE is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.AdmiralAnimE is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.AdmiralAnimE is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.AdmiralAnimE is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.AdmiralAnimE is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.AdmiralAnimE is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.AdmiralAnimE is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Can you make the file browser take the whole screen or at least increase font and margins? On inkpad it's too small and I can barely touch the folder I want.
AdmiralAnimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 07:53 AM   #364
starr974
Connoisseur
starr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I know at least one other person here who wished they could see cover images for their manga.
Yep, it's me

We can read cbz/cbr manga on Inkpad but the cover are blank on library.
starr974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:07 PM   #365
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralAnimE View Post
Can you make the file browser take the whole screen or at least increase font and margins? On inkpad it's too small and I can barely touch the folder I want.
Sorry, I don't think I can do anything about it. The directory chooser is a system function, and there doesn't seem to be any way to adjust the size of the text in it. It doesn't seem to be used in any new software, and I suspect they just haven't tried to keep it up to date for recent devices with higher resolutions. I agree that it's hard to use on the Inkpad.

If you're unpacking archives into folders by hand, then I suggest you just copy the archives themselves to the device and follow the instructions in the first message in this thread to get the Library to recognize them and open them with pbimageviewer.app directly. Then you won't have to use the directory chooser at all.
Advert
Old 01-07-2016, 03:50 PM   #366
AdmiralAnimE
AdmiralAnimE is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.AdmiralAnimE is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.AdmiralAnimE is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.AdmiralAnimE is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.AdmiralAnimE is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.AdmiralAnimE is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.AdmiralAnimE is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.AdmiralAnimE is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.AdmiralAnimE is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.AdmiralAnimE is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.AdmiralAnimE is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Sorry, I don't think I can do anything about it. The directory chooser is a system function, and there doesn't seem to be any way to adjust the size of the text in it. It doesn't seem to be used in any new software, and I suspect they just haven't tried to keep it up to date for recent devices with higher resolutions. I agree that it's hard to use on the Inkpad.

If you're unpacking archives into folders by hand, then I suggest you just copy the archives themselves to the device and follow the instructions in the first message in this thread to get the Library to recognize them and open them with pbimageviewer.app directly. Then you won't have to use the directory chooser at all.
Yea, my manga is in folders. I put some of it in zip archives, renamed them to cbz, the reader recognized them in the library. But I cant open them. If I try to open a file from the library, the loading icon shows for a second and nothing happens. If I try from the home screen, the loading icons stays there and nothing happens. If I open with the file manager in the program, it doesnt show the files, so I tried to open the whole folder and it shows an empty white screen. :/
Old 01-07-2016, 06:33 PM   #367
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Yea, my manga is in folders. I put some of it in zip archives, renamed them to cbz, the reader recognized them in the library. But I cant open them. If I try to open a file from the library, the loading icon shows for a second and nothing happens. If I try from the home screen, the loading icons stays there and nothing happens. If I open with the file manager in the program, it doesnt show the files, so I tried to open the whole folder and it shows an empty white screen. :/
It sounds like it's crashing right away. Did you install the fwv5 version of the app? The 3XX and Pro-360+ versions won't work on the newest devices (with firmware version 5). I should update the first post to make that clear.

If you open the app from the Applications screen, it pops up a directory selector, not a file manager. It's only for opening folders that have images in them. There is no such thing as a file browser in the PocketBook API because they want you to use the Library app for that. That's why you never see any files in that selector dialog.

P.S. You can make pbimageviewer.app the default image viewer in the Photo/Gallery app using the system/config/extensions.cfg file. Add a line for each kind of image with pbimageviewer.app as the default application. So, that's another and probably better way of browsing folders of images on newer devices.

Last edited by rkomar; 01-07-2016 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:57 AM   #368
AdmiralAnimE

Yes, I'm using the v5 firmware, my inkpad is on the latest 5.11.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:22 PM   #369
rkomar
Wizard

Did you copy the file to the system/bin folder as well as the applications folder? I have 5.11 on my Inkpad and it runs fine there, so I think something must not be right with your installation. I really should try to write a script to do it for people, because it seems to be a common source of problems. The tricky part would be updating the extensions.cfg file.

Anyway, the easiest way to debug the problem is to install the pbterm command-line application, and then try to run pbimageviewer.app from there. Any error messages will be displayed to the screen.

Last edited by rkomar; 01-08-2016 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:15 PM   #370
AdmiralAnimE

Well.. either I forgot or something went wrong, but now I have it in both locations and it works. Thank you!
Btw, every time I close the configuration menu, it says something like "Could not create folder".
And is it possible that you add this behaviour: If the image is not set to fit to page (so if it overflows), when I press "next page", it does not go to the next page, but shows the next part of the image. This can be useful in landscape mode, instead of scrolling by hand, which is not always reliable. Its probably something like the comics panel view, but I don't read comics so I'm not sure.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:59 PM   #371
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Well.. either I forgot or something went wrong, but now I have it in both locations and it works. Thank you!
Btw, every time I close the configuration menu, it says something like "Could not create folder".
And is it possible that you add this behaviour: If the image is not set to fit to page (so if it overflows), when I press "next page", it does not go to the next page, but shows the next part of the image. This can be useful in landscape mode, instead of scrolling by hand, which is not always reliable. Its probably something like the comics panel view, but I don't read comics so I'm not sure.
The popup error comes up because the program tries to create the folder for saving images in, but cannot do it. Unfortunately, I made the default location the SD card, and if you don't have one installed, then the message will come up. I can't remember why I chose that (maybe to make it easy to get the saved images off the device), but it seems stupid in retrospect. Anyway, for now, go into the configuration and change the "Copy to folder" item to /mnt/ext1/pbiv-saved-images (i.e. ext2 -> ext1 to change from SD card to internal memory), and the messages will stop coming up.

The Next/Prev behaviour you desire is how the program is supposed to work. It sounds like you don't have the 840.cfg file in the system/share/pbiv/ folder. Did you download and unpack the device_cfg.zip file? It contains that 840.cfg file in it, and should fix your problem.
Old 01-09-2016, 02:03 AM   #372
AdmiralAnimE

I'm sorry, I thought it is not needed, because the program worked.. Thank you!
Old 01-09-2016, 02:35 AM   #373
rkomar
Wizard

I acknowledge that it's hard to get the application all set up properly the first time. There are so many steps. I really do need to write some kind of installation program. Anyway, I hope it works properly for you from now on.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:12 AM   #374
AdmiralAnimE

What file do I need to edit to translate the program in bulgarian?

edit: I assume that the folder you told me to change above is only for saving the current image there from the menu option? Can I turn this off completely, so it doesn't create new folder?

Last edited by AdmiralAnimE; 01-11-2016 at 04:20 AM.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:58 PM   #375
rkomar
Wizard

I'll PM you about a new Bulgarian translation.

No, you can't disable the directory creation. However, if you set it to /tmp in the configuration, you won't see it in the internal memory, you won't get any error messages, and nothing will be saved there.