Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-15-2018, 08:10 PM   #27691
stuartjmz
Contrarian
stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
Finished Stirred by J. A. Konrath and Blake Crouch. I really did expect one of the main characters to die... it was suspenseful throughout.

I have started another non-fic: Empires of the Word: A Language History of the World by Nicholas Ostler.

LOVED Empires of the Word ! I've got two others of his Passwords to Paradise and The Last Lingua Franca on my summer reading list.
stuartjmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 08:17 PM   #27692
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new Kindle Oasis (2017)
Artemis was a quick, entertaining read. Now starting The Void Trilogy by Peter F. Hamilton.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM   #27693
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
I got the new Paperwhite this weekend and "christened" it with Fools and Mortals by Bernard Cornwell. I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm such a Tudor period/Shakespearean fangirl and Cornwell is a good writer.

The main character is a younger brother of Shakespeare who followed his brother to London and is aging out of playing female roles and really wanting to play a male role. His brother, in the way of older brothers, is pretty mean to him.
I've read that, it was really good!
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:57 AM   #27694
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
I just started Brandon Sanderson's new book, Skyward.
Ooh, how is it? Got my eye on that one!
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM   #27695
Dazrin
Hey! Who took my cookie?!
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW2, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingManiac View Post
I thought it was fun. Definitely the start of a series though; there was some resolution but...
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:32 PM   #27696
PurpleStar
Guru
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I thought it was fun. Definitely the start of a series though; there was some resolution but...
Haven't really got into it yet. Might save it for awhile, I don't know. Need a good mystery/thriller rather than a sci-fi.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM   #27697
PurpleStar
Guru
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingManiac View Post
Haven't really got into it yet. Didn't read much this week and I think I'm in the mood for a good mystery/thriller rather than sci-fi. I'm sure it's good, but I'm just having trouble with anything sci-fi/fantasy lately.

I'm gonna go with The Death of Mrs Westaway for Ruth Ware. I liked all her other books so this one should be good.

Last edited by PurpleStar; Yesterday at 12:45 PM.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM   #27698
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, Galaxy Tab A (2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
LOVED Empires of the Word ! I've got two others of his Passwords to Paradise and The Last Lingua Franca on my summer reading list.
I am enjoying it, though I kind of wish there were some sort of interactive map I could use while reading.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote