Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-28-2018, 05:04 AM   #1
yuuta
yuuta began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Transfer reading progress between devices

I am using Calibre to transfer azw3 files to Kindle PW3. I am getting a Voyage soon and wondering, is it possible to transfer azw3 files and keep the reading progress from the PW3 to the Voyage using Calibre?

I am aware about another method such as transferring the files as mobi by email to kindle to enable sync reading progress between devices.

Thank you in advance.
yuuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 05:07 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The reading progress is not stored in the book, but in an auxiliary file in the "Sidecar" folder associated with the book, which Calibre knows nothing about.

Short answer: no (with Calibre at least - you can of course manually copy the sidecar folder from one device to the other, and that way you'll preserve reading progress, annotations, bookmarks, etc.)
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 05:17 AM   #3
yuuta
yuuta began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The reading progress is not stored in the book, but in an auxiliary file in the "Sidecar" folder associated with the book, which Calibre knows nothing about.

Short answer: no (with Calibre at least - you can of course manually copy the sidecar folder from one device to the other, and that way you'll preserve reading progress, annotations, bookmarks, etc.)
Thank you for your prompt reply.

So it is not possible using Calibre.
I guess I have to manually "adjust" the reading progress one by one...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
yuuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 12:34 PM   #4
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuuta View Post
I am using Calibre to transfer azw3 files to Kindle PW3. I am getting a Voyage soon and wondering, is it possible to transfer azw3 files and keep the reading progress from the PW3 to the Voyage using Calibre?
Also note that unless you've removed any DRM in the AZW3 files the Voyage would not be able to read them. Amazon's DRM is device specific.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, transfer calibre