Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-13-2017, 04:26 PM   #1
Fuzzaddict
Fuzzaddict began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Calibre -> KOReader wireless sync troubles

I just installed Kobo start menu together with KOreader. All in all i love it, especially that i can change the contrast now, since i read alot of comics. Except i have one annoying problem, i can't seem to sync any content..

I have started the wireless server in Calibre and when i select 'calibre wireless connection' in KOReader it connects just fine. It says 'connected to Calibre server at ip : port'. The problem is when i right click on any book i can't send it to my device.. Everything is just blanked out. I followed everything in the guide and searched on Google for over two hours but i can't seem to solve it.. :/ Any help here?
Fuzzaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:52 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
(in calibre) You should "Start wireless device connection" not the "Start content server". You should then see your device in calibre and get the on device column. (in KOReader) You select "Calibre wireless connection"/"Connect".

Or - you can (in calibre) use the "Start content server" and then (in KOReader) use the "OPDS catalog"/"Local calibre catalog"

Of course you need To have the WiFi on in KOReader.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 09-13-2017 at 05:57 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:31 PM   #3
Fuzzaddict
Fuzzaddict began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
(in calibre) You should "Start wireless device connection" not the "Start content server". You should then see your device in calibre and get the on device column. (in KOReader) You select "Calibre wireless connection"/"Connect".

Or - you can (in calibre) use the "Start content server" and then (in KOReader) use the "OPDS catalog"/"Local calibre catalog"

Of course you need To have the WiFi on in KOReader.

Luck;
Ken
Not sure what i'm doing wrong but i'm doing exactly what you're saying.Could it be that /mnt/onboard/ can't be my index directory?

Wireless device connection started:

Kobo is connected to the server:

Can't send any content to my device

Last edited by Fuzzaddict; 09-13-2017 at 06:46 PM.
Fuzzaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:22 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
It doesn't look like calibre is showing a connected device. Calibre should be able to detect the wireless device, are both your PC running calibre and your device accessing the same wireless network?

You can try the content server/OPDS catalog method.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote