Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-08-2017, 05:40 PM   #1
pookiebr
Connoisseur
pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Diff accessing sideloaded SD card books on new Nook tablet

Got the new Nook tablet 7" and am having an issue.......loaded several books to the SD card using Calibre and when I try to open them it shows a box saying "cannot open this file". Some of the books were bought on Amazon and converted to epub format. Never had an issue like this with my older Nook Color or Tablet. The external/SD storage seemed to just integrate with the main tablet. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Should have posted to this forum originally....sorry
pookiebr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:31 PM   #2
booknerd1974
booknerd1974 began at the beginning.

Device: nook tablet 7"
I have been having trouble with my new Nook tablet 7" as well. I had all my books organized in folders for my nook color. I spoke to support a few times with no resolution, I took my epubs out of folders and place them in a folder I named books. that is what worked for me. however I still cant place them in shelves. once I choose the book to read then it is placed in the library section on the tablet. this device has been frustrating. I hope this info helps some
booknerd1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2017, 07:17 PM   #3
tas03
Zealot
tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Nook Glowlight +, Nook Tab. , Nook Simple Touch, iPad Air, iPhone 6Se
I also have a new Nook tablet. I found that sometimes I need to take out the author's name from the name of the file after loading from Calibre unto the tablet. I also sometimes need to remove punctuation like _ . If you go into settings, you can find a list of the books on the tablet and can click on them there, and I have had some of the Amazon books work from there. You can also download the Kindle app to the tablet.
tas03 is offline   Reply With Quote