Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-27-2019, 03:57 PM   #766
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
@cloet: If you want to give Coolreader another try, here's what you need to do.
Download the pro5.zip and copy all the folders as they are in the zip file onto the internal drive of your TEA Touch HD. This way you will have all the necessary files and folders at the right place.

However, extensions.cfg from that zip file is not correctly adjusted for the Touch HD, so you will need to change it.
Download the software Notepad++ to edit the extensions.cfg file.
If you open it, you will see this line in the middle:

epub:@EPUB_file:1:cr3-pb.app,AdobeViewer.app,fbreader.app:ICON_EPUB

Replace it with this line:

epub:@EPUB_file:1:cr3-pb.app,eink-reader.app:ICON_EPUB

Since you have the equivalent of the PB Touch HD, it should be correct. This also makes Coolreader the default reader. If the original reader should be the default one, switch the order of the app names:

epub:@EPUB_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_EPUB

Then you should also be able to long tap a book in the library and choose Coolreader or the internal built-in reader from the "open with" menu.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 06:16 AM   #767
cloet
cloet began at the beginning.

Device: pb632
Still not work:

I've change de .cfg file with notepad++.

First I try with putting bin file from the zip, into bin file from my TEA, then I create a file Share for Coolreader CR where I copy the CR file from the zip, and in config, I put the file with the amendments made.
result, with a long press on a book (it has no DRM i'm sure of this) I have choise to open with PB reader or CR reader, when I choose CR nothing happen, if I choose PB it open the book. I suppress all the files I put.

I also try by putting in system file of my TEA the whole unzip file and nothing happen (I don't even have the choice of reader with a long press)

Any clue of what I did wrong ? or do I give up ?

Thanks again for the help
cloet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2019, 07:09 AM   #768
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
@cloet
Assuming the bin file you have copied the cr3 app to is system/bin, everything you say you have done is correct. The system is recognising the extensions.cfg file because it is giving you the choice of reader apps.

For some reason, it seems the Coolreader app is not starting when selected.

If you connect your reader to your computer, can you see a crash log file? If so, open it with your Notepad++ app and see what it says. However, unless that can give some helpful info, I am at a loss as to why Coolreader will not work for you.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:35 AM   #769
cloet

You know what : I'm stupid !!!

When you said create a file Share for Coolreader, I named the file : Share for Coolreader, I copied and paste what you wrote as the name of the file I created ....

So I just told to myself I will have a try putting just share as name of the file and tadam it works perfectly now !!!!

Thanks a lot a lot a lot for spending your time with an useless person as I am.

nevertheless, this is the message I have in cr-pb.crash.log :
I don't understand at all ...

Atached mp shm: id 0 addr a493d000 size 21720
epdc_default_init
epdc_default_rotate: w=1448 h=1072 scan=1448 mem=1552384
attach_shm: mtfb key=251331806 size=1666724
Atached mtfb shm: id c800e addr a462b000 size 1666724
-------------------------
The task - cr3-pb.app fb 0xa462b000
xres=1448 yres=1072 scanline=1456 vdepth=8 orient=1
-------------------------
attach_shm: ref key=2130378752 size=1560832
Atached ref shm: id 8001 addr a3b27000 size 1560832
Atached mqueue: id 8001
program_name = [/mnt/ext1/system/share/cr3/bin/cr3-pb.app], basename = [cr3-pb.app], init_string = [/P7.Sink=Null /P7.Pool=128 /P7.Format="{%ts}[%fs:%fl] %lv %ms"]
program init string = [(null)]
default init string = [(null)]
program_name = [/mnt/ext1/system/share/cr3/bin/cr3-pb.app], basename = [cr3-pb.app], init_string = [/P7.Sink=Null /P7.Pool=128 /P7.Format="{%ts}[%fs:%fl] %lv %ms"]
program init string = [(null)]
default init string = [(null)]
OpenTheme: /ebrmain/themes/Line.pbt
Theme real name: Line
ts: loading default calibration values
TOUCHMATRIX: 10720000 0 -10000 0 10000 0
task_findbyappname('bookshelf.app')
task found: 1113
task_findbyappname('front-light.app')
task_findbyappname('front-light.app')
epdc_default_rotate: w=1448 h=1072 scan=1448 mem=15523

Last edited by cloet; 04-28-2019 at 07:44 AM. Reason: add cr-pb.crash.log
Old 04-28-2019, 07:40 AM   #770
cloet

another question, I had a dictionary in the dictionaries folder, I worked very well with pb , but with CR it doesn't.
Is there anything I can do ?

Last edited by cloet; 04-28-2019 at 08:10 AM.
Advert
Old 04-28-2019, 11:17 AM   #771
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On the dictionaries issue. Have you reselected your dictionary within the reader's software? It may be different for the Tea, but with the Pocketbook, if I did a complete reset (which you mentioned doing yesterday), it lost any settings for selected dictionaries.

Once the dictionary was set up correctly on my Pocketbook, it worked with Coolreader.
Old 04-28-2019, 01:51 PM   #772
cloet

Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
On the dictionaries issue. Have you reselected your dictionary within the reader's software? It may be different for the Tea, but with the Pocketbook, if I did a complete reset (which you mentioned doing yesterday), it lost any settings for selected dictionaries.

Once the dictionary was set up correctly on my Pocketbook, it worked with Coolreader.

You are wonderfull, all works very well now !

Now, I will just lay in my sofa and enjoy my book !

p.s. Do you notice anything wrong with the .log I copy ?
Old 04-28-2019, 02:36 PM   #773
church mouse
Evangelist

@cloet

I am happy all is working for you.

Do not worry about the crash log. My experience has been that once Coolreader gets going, it is very reliable. If it does ever cause an issue, the first thing to do is go to the Task manager app on your reader and close the book from there, then reopen the book in Coolreader.

Happy reading.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:26 AM   #774
cloet

It works very good except a stuff I don't know where to find to change :
I use a the font I prefer, the correct size for me etc ... but at the end of the line the words are sometimes cut but not as normal, for example the word example is cut exa_
mple , instead of exam_
ple...
Do you know where I can tune this ?

Cheers !
Old 05-01-2019, 02:55 AM   #775
church mouse
Evangelist

@cloet. I think you are referring to the hyphenation used by Coolreader.

I sold my Pocketbook reader yesterday, so I cannot now look at the settings, but I believe you can switch off hyphenation.

The hyphenation dictionaries the Coolreader fork uses are found in /share/cr3/hyph but I would not recommend trying to change them.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:59 PM   #776
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloet View Post
It works very good except a stuff I don't know where to find to change :
I use a the font I prefer, the correct size for me etc ... but at the end of the line the words are sometimes cut but not as normal, for example the word example is cut exa_
mple , instead of exam_
ple...
Do you know where I can tune this ?

Cheers !
If you mean hyphenation, it's under Settings > Formatting (or something like this, my software is not in English) > Hyphenation
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 05:39 AM   #777
cloet

Yes, I was Hypenation, I found it
there is so much stuff to finetune it's amazing
Thanks a lot for your help !!
Old 07-13-2019, 10:03 AM   #778
cloet

Hello !
I'm still very pleased with that reader, but I have one more additionnal question. Sometimes in the books you have links for explanation, with a number you press it and you go direct to the notes and they there is the arrow to return to your reading. The links are not active when I press the numbers nothing happen, I try to find something in the parameters but unsucessfully... Is anybody know how to get the links activated ?
Thanks in advance !
Old 07-13-2019, 02:24 PM   #779
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
You have to put "go to link" into one of the tap zones. When you have a link on a page, you tap the corresponding zone and some arrows appear. You can use these to go back and forth between the link and the previous page. But it doesn't work all of the time, especially when the footnote numbers are too small.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 04:26 PM   #780
EveRman
EveRman began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Hello guys.
I bought Pocketbook Touch HD3 around a week ago. I have installed CoolReader and it works. It opens the books without problem. Where can I find the day/night mode option? Can someone tell me please? I have tried to change the background color to black and the font color to white but the book stays in "day" mode. Any suggestions?
Thank You.
EveRman is offline   Reply With Quote