Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-21-2019, 07:39 AM   #526
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
I am sure it is me... :-)

Installed the new mrpi into my KOA2. No issue. Tried to do the new python package and getting this in my mrinstaller.log:
Package 'Update_python_0.15.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_k t3_koa2_pw4_kt4.bin' (python 0.15.N I WARIO+ZELDA+REX) is not targeting your device [34A vs. D4 5A D5 D6 D7 D8 F2 17 60 62 5F 61 C6 DD 13 54 53 2A 52 0G1 0G7 0G6 0G2 0G5 0G4 0KB 0KC 0LK 0LL 0KE 0KF 0GC 0GD 0GU 0GR 0GT 0K9 0KA 0P8 0S1 0SA 0S2 0PP 0T6 0T1 0T2 102 0T3 10L 0WH], skipping . . .

Yes, I am seeing the BIG BOX on my device.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Oasis.zip (848.1 KB, 140 views)
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:33 AM   #527
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@radamo: Oh, right, I did something stupid. .

I see where the issue lies, I just won't be able to get to it today .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2019, 10:08 AM   #528
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@radamo: Oh, right, I did something stupid. .

I see where the issue lies, I just won't be able to get to it today .
Haha... No worries. Glad it wasn't me this time...
Old 07-21-2019, 10:40 AM   #529
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@radamo: Guests were delayed, managed to scrounge up some free time to look into this, fix was trivial .

Today's MRPI version *should* now behave properly on PW3+ .
Old 07-21-2019, 07:32 PM   #530
HoanPiTa
Enthusiast
HoanPiTa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 3
Hi Pop, so is every thing work find in 5.11.2? Should i update to it?

Gửi từ COL-L29 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk
HoanPiTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2019, 06:37 AM   #531
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
@HoanPiTa Yes, everything works fine on my PW3 5.11.2 (thanks NiLuJe )
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 05:03 PM   #532
AntonG
AntonG began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Jailbreak for K4NT

Hi,
firstly, thanks a lot for all the stuff here! It's great.

I have a short question related to jailbreaks for K4NT. Specifically, the one from this thread:
Quote:
...Kindle 4 JailBreak | kindle-k4-jailbreak-1.8.N-r16160.tar.xz | 2019-Jul-21 16:34:23 | 131.1K | 7264ff76911ba79ed722e841d5d8efa0 | K4 JB
And the one here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...51&postcount=1
which is linked in the wiki page and in the pinned thread. And even at the end of the quote above.

I found and installed the latter one, as it is a lot more visible. I assume the more recent version is better, but I couldn't find in what way. Can you point me in the right direction? Does it make sense to update, and if so, how? I assume same way as installing original, but I just started with the device so don't have experience yet to be sure.

Appreciate your support!

I want to turn the device into a wall clock with possibly some additional information like weather pulled from the internet. I am confident I will find the right tools here

Cheers,
Anton
AntonG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 12:59 PM   #533
radamo
Addict

Quote:
@radamo: Guests were delayed, managed to scrounge up some free time to look into this, fix was trivial .

Today's MRPI version *should* now behave properly on PW3+ .
Great stuff... Very smooth.
MRPI
Python Pkg
Screensaver pkg

Thanks for all of your efforts!!
Old 08-01-2019, 08:22 PM   #534
NiLuJe
BLAM!

PSA: In the next snapshot batch (whenever that is), the Windows KindleTool binary will no longer run on 32bit versions of Windows.

I feel for you if you're still running a 32bit box. (Hell, I already feel for you for running a Windows box, period ).

(You'll notice that the Linux x86 binary has already been flagged as deprecated).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-01-2019 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:12 PM   #535
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Okay, new batch is out!

As mentioned above, the Windows KindleTool build is now 64bit. Also, it now properly honors the user's temporary folder (hopefully for real this time, because that's, like, the fourth time I've tried to fix this ;p).

Other than that, nothing much, except for adding BeautifulSoup & friends to the Python packages .
Old 08-19-2019, 10:52 PM   #536
zaoqi
github.com/zaoqi
zaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Boox c67ml,Note S,Max2,KT3,KPW4,Kobo AurdHD,Touch N905C
Is it safe to upgrade without using Update_*_uninstall.bin?
zaoqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:06 AM   #537
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@zaoqi: For my own packages, yes.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:15 PM   #538
sisconest
始まりの終わり、終わりの始まり
sisconest began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2/3
It seems hotfix isn't working on the latest firmware(5.12.2)... when I put it to my KPW3, I get an Update Error.
sisconest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 01:22 AM   #539
Schattenjager
Schattenjager began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 740
I faced the same problem on PPW3 with 5.12.2.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=12
Schattenjager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 11:02 AM   #540
NiLuJe
BLAM!

That's because time travel hasn't been invented yet.

Quote:
Last updated on Tue, 01 Oct 2019 04:44:35 +0200
The good news is:

Quote:
Speaking of the bridge/hotfix, you shouldn't ever need to reinstall it, unless you want to make extra sure it's got its hooks set in right before and/or after doing a severely destructive manipulation, like a factory reset. But, technically, if nothing untoward ever happened to your device, this shouldn't be needed, it's just a precaution.

Tags
hacks, kindle, niluje