Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-30-2019, 11:34 AM   #496
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: iPad Mini 4 & Mini 5
Just installed 3.1. How do I implement the following new feature?

Allowed the choice of any user-defined book set as the default import destination book set
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:47 PM   #497
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
MapleRead 3.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad View Post
Just installed 3.1. How do I implement the following new feature?

Allowed the choice of any user-defined book set as the default import destination book set
I played around with this new feature yesterday. It feels quite natural once you get a hang of it.

Go to where you do a book set switch, i.e., tap Sets in the library view. Find the table row with the blue download icon, and tap the icon. Then tap the row you want as the new import destination book set. Tap Done.

By the way, have you tried the following new features of MapleRead 3.1?

- Enhanced the import command to also recursively import book files from folders
- Added tighter integration with Files app so that files and folders can be copied between the app's File Sharing location and other locations, including cloud drives and AirDrop via Files

By combining the 2 new features above, I can easily import hundreds of my books already organized by folders on some of my cloud drives, and have them added to (new) book sets in MapleRead. Super convenient!!!

Last edited by cedhax; 08-02-2019 at 03:05 PM.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 05:05 PM   #498
chicleeblair
chicleeblair began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
I got the impression that book sets are meant to sync between devices, but that isn’t happening. Did I misinterpret?
chicleeblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:49 AM   #499
rfog
Fanatic
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicleeblair View Post
I got the impression that book sets are meant to sync between devices, but that isn’t happening. Did I misinterpret?
If things haven't changed, you must manually press "sync" to sync across devices, even the reading point, and that is the only and unique reason I'm not using this app.

I think it is the only app that synchronizes across devices that does it manually, syncs all at the same time and it is incredibly slow doing it. I call it the "fever" of the own server with the excuse of reliability, but there is nothing more reliable that big companies clouds like Dropbox or GDrive.

Any other application use to automatically sync the reading position (that are only a couple of bytes) on book or app closing.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 01:45 PM   #500
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis1 & Voyage, iOS
I have a very fuzzy memory that MapleRead developers were considering the option of iCloud for syncing as an alternative to their private server. Am I remembering correctly, and if so, is this still being considered? Thank you
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 12:51 AM   #501
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedhax View Post
I played around with this new feature yesterday. It feels quite natural once you get a hang of it.

Go to where you do a book set switch, i.e., tap Sets in the library view. Find the table row with the blue download icon, and tap the icon. Then tap the row you want as the new import destination book set. Tap Done.

By the way, have you tried the following new features of MapleRead 3.1?

- Enhanced the import command to also recursively import book files from folders
- Added tighter integration with Files app so that files and folders can be copied between the app's File Sharing location and other locations, including cloud drives and AirDrop via Files

By combining the 2 new features above, I can easily import hundreds of my books already organized by folders on some of my cloud drives, and have them added to (new) book sets in MapleRead. Super convenient!!!
I was out of town and just got back. First, I need to see why I'm not being notified of posts to this forum, but I'll do that in a little bit.

I tried doing what you said with MapleRead SE on my iPad Mini 5 running iOS 12.4, but it didn't work when I tapped the icon. However, if I PRESSED the icon and waited for it to turn black, then pressed the set I wanted to be the default set, it did work.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:59 AM   #502
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad View Post
First, I need to see why I'm not being notified of posts to this forum, but I'll do that in a little bit.
Well, my subscription notification setting for "MapleRead - eBook Reader and Server for iOS" is set for instant, but I'm NOT getting any notifications.