Device: Kindle
k4pc changes all books to AZW

Last Week My K4PC Changed All My AZW3 Files to AZW

All Downloads from Amazon No Longer Were AZW3

All Downloads Now Are AZW

OS is WIN10

K4PC is Version 1.15.0.43061

Changed File to renderer-test.xxx

I Don't Know My Next Step Restoring My Kindle Content to AZW3 and All Downloads to AZW3
Rahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 04:06 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Please don't post the same question in multiple places.

You were answered in the Calibre forum. The solution is to uninstall 1.15 and install 1.17.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 04:22 PM   #3
Rahm
Rahm began at the beginning.

Problem started with V 1.17

I uninstalled V 1.17

I installed V 1.15

Same problem

I uninstalled as suggested and installed V 1.17

Problem persists
Old 05-05-2022, 02:20 PM   #4
Rahm

Thank you for the heads up about posting to two forums

Since the problem is K4PC, I will stay here

I ran the three checksums programs and got the same sums as given by Ms JHowell on v 1.17

v 1.17 no longer downloads AZW3
v 1.17 downloads AZW exclusively

I do no know my next step
Old 05-05-2022, 02:24 PM   #5
Rahm

Sorry, I am a newbie learning the ropes

I do not know how to change the frequency of getting updates from a Forum

I do not know the differences between the Quick Styles FIXED and LIQUID
Old 05-05-2022, 02:33 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
All Kindle eBooks downloaded by K4PC 1.17 are .azw. That does not mean just Mobi. They can also be KF8. It's just that K4PC uses the same file extension regardless of Mobi or KF8.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 03:04 PM   #7
Rahm

Do I then change the Extension AZW to another to get Calibre to Read the books I have uploaded to Kindle

Or something else
Old 05-05-2022, 03:07 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahm View Post
Do I then change the Extension AZW to another to get Calibre to Read the books I have uploaded to Kindle

Or something else
Calibre will figure out the correct format and change the file extension as needed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 03:19 PM   #9
Rahm

For a few weeks, since K4PC changed all extensions to AZW, Calibre no longer can read the AZW format