Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-28-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Wifilocker also locks 3G signal..great!

One annoying thing about using your sim card (3G or EDGE) for Nookbrowser and Trook is that it tends to shut itself off after an short inactive period; and the 3g signal is slow to come back. I had a hunch that the Wifilocker should lock the 3g signal too, so I tried it and it works.

I found that the Wifilocker 0.2 of the rooted Nook can also be used to lock my 3g signal, even my wifi is still off. Just run Wifilocker and tap Lock Wifi. Though it will say something like time out (because you don't st your wifi on), it will activate the 3g signal (see the signal strength bars) and stay active all the time until you press the Lock Wifi (yes, tap the Lock Wifi, not the Unlock Wifi) tap again to unlock it.

If you on and connect your wifi, the Wifilocker will only lock your wifi signal as usual.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote