Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 07-20-2009, 12:20 PM   #1
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
OI for Cool-ER

I have a new Cool-ER and would be very interested in using OI in that device (400MHZ 128 mb RAM). Is that even possible? If yes, please tell me exactly what I have to do to use it on my SD card?
Old 07-20-2009, 12:53 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
OpenInkPot has wiki pages for the EB100 and EB600. The Hardware page correctly identifies the Cool-ER as an EB600, which is "WiP". I think some of the devices listed on the EB100 page are actually EB600's, e.g. Foxit eSlick and even recent Cybook Gen3's. What the EB600 page says:
Quote:
How to distinguish EB-100 from EB-600 ¶

EB-100: SD card is inserted front side back.

EB-600: SD card is inserted front side top.
Perhaps recent owners of Cybooks and other devices on the EB100 list can confirm based on this criteria.
Advert
Old 07-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
OpenInkPot has wiki pages for the EB100 and EB600. The Hardware page correctly identifies the Cool-ER as an EB600, which is "WiP". I think some of the devices listed on the EB100 page are actually EB600's, e.g. Foxit eSlick and even recent Cybook Gen3's. What the EB600 page says: Perhaps recent owners of Cybooks and other devices on the EB100 list can confirm based on this criteria.
So it's not supported yet. Bummer!
Old 07-20-2009, 01:30 PM   #4
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
the Cool-ers just recently came out, so the team hasn't had any time to do reverse engineering on them yet. These guys do it in their spare time, on their own dime. Help them out, or be patient.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
the Cool-ers just recently came out, so the team hasn't had any time to do reverse engineering on them yet. These guys do it in their spare time, on their own dime. Help them out, or be patient.
Didn't you have breakfast?

I just was frustrated that it doesn't seem to work yet. I do know this project is supported by amateurs and I fully intend to cooperate to get the Cool-ER to work AND to be patient.
Advert
Old 07-20-2009, 11:00 PM   #6
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
This morning I was shoveling up the remains of my garage after it burned to the ground.

Plus it is habit. Long time developer, used to people going "Why doesn't <insert new thing> work yet?"
Old 07-21-2009, 07:36 AM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
This morning I was shoveling up the remains of my garage after it burned to the ground.

Plus it is habit. Long time developer, used to people going "Why doesn't <insert new thing> work yet?"
Ouch! Hope you didn't lose too much with that!

And my answer usually is: Did I already say it worked? No? Then it's probably not finished yet.

(and on some occasions: Because what you want is not possible, but I doubt that's the case here )
Old 07-21-2009, 07:39 AM   #8
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
It's more like help them out. The OI team is small, and currently no one on it prioritizes (or is able to) kernel hacking of EB600 over other development activities. Porting of OI to EB600 is stalled for over a year now, so if you want it to happen, you need to help.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:10 AM   #9
superbimble
superbimble began at the beginning.

Device: Cool-er
Ok... how can I help?

I have a cool-er, but am not a developer.

What would be most useful?
Old 08-05-2009, 02:20 AM   #10
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Writing drivers and platform support in kernel. Not too much of work for non-developer, unfortunately.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:44 AM   #11
superbimble
superbimble began at the beginning.

Device: Cool-er
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottedmag View Post
Writing drivers and platform support in kernel. Not too much of work for non-developer, unfortunately.
Well thats me totally useless then I shall remain one of the quiet, gratefull, masses. Keep up the outstanding work.